Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My picky eater is not eating his new pellets!  (Read 4138 times)

Leslie

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
My picky eater is not eating his new pellets!
« on: May 08, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »

I cannot believe how picky TBone is!  He refuses to eat anything except for raisins and hay....and his old pellets.  I had to switch him off Traditional pellets cause I changed suppliers.  I did it very gradually, a bit more new pellets over a long period of time (at least a month).  We're now just on the new pellets....Mazuri.  He must hate it!  He hardly touches it at all.  I'd say he's eating maybe 1/16 cup a day.  He chows down on hay like there's no tomorrow though.  And he DOES eat some pellets.  He is very tiny and doesn't normally eat very much anyways, but he is definitely eating less than before.

I'm worried.  I am thinking of switching again to Oxbow, which the supplier carries, but at a massively different price.  I have another chin who eats whatever I give him, but I don't like the idea of switching food so often for both of them.  Not to mention I have about 7 pounds of the new stuff still....

Should I just wait it out and he'll get used to the new pellets?  This chinchilla is so picky, he won't even eat banana chips, or cheerios, or even oats.  It's bizarre.  Just goes to show how strong their personalities can be  ::nod::
Pages: [1]   Go Up