Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your chin's favorite toy  (Read 1117 times)

chocolate10113

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
What is your chin's favorite toy
« on: March 05, 2013, 11:53:07 AM »

i want to get my chinchilla new toys because he doesn't seem to play with the ones in his cage right now. I'm also looking for toys for out of cage playtime so he is less determined to escape. Thanks for any suggestions!

Snickerdoodlesmom

• Proud mom of Snickerdoodle
  • Appreciation points: 11
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile
Re: What is your chin's favorite toy
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:30:33 PM »

It depends on the chinchilla. Try buying from Tjschinchillasupplies.com. Everything is affordable and safe, and my chinchilla loves everything she sells!
- Dvora, Snickerdoodle's Momma

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 04:50:35 PM »

Mine likes his lava ledge. If you get one be careful to install it next to a cross member in the cage to prevent excessive bar flexing.
He also uses a hanging treat-k-bob with wood pieces of various shapes that is set up next to where he normally sleeps.
My chinchilla likes cardboard and will chew it in any form. If you do this make sure he does not eat large quantities (cardboard is filling but has no nutritional value) Cardboard pieces or tubes is a good outside of the cage toy. Printer paper is another thing he likes. He likes to play in boxes you get that hold soda cans. I recommend giving only cardboard from food packaging since it is printed with food safe inks.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:14:53 PM by GrayRodent »
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

lilchinchilla

• Appreciation points: 16
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Park Place
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »

I hear a number one favorite toy is the scones that Susan makes. Her website is: http://chinstore.azchins.com/

My chins like a lot of different things. I guess the favorite for my chins is my hanging pinata toys that I make. They are just one big toy with lots of little toys inside. They have to chew through the willow to get to the toys, and it kind of doubles as a hanging toy as well once all the toy pieces are pulled out of the pinata. : http://chinchillaparkplace.ca/chinstuffstore//
Pages: [1]   Go Up