Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Give some female names for me  (Read 4020 times)

chinny

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Give some female names for me
« on: July 25, 2009, 06:36:28 PM »

Hi..I'm looking to get a couple females soon..just for fun and to help me out..could you list some female names for me please.

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: Give some female names for me
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 08:49:14 PM »

::silly::   ::think::  That is usually a real personal thing. 

Some names relate to the color of a chin such as "Snowy" or "Opal" for a pink white, "Smokey" for a gray or a violet, "Jewel" for a sapphire, "Mocha" or "Coco" for a tan, "Sandy" for a beige, "Midnight" for an ebony, "Vi" for a Violet, "Shadow" for a black velvet, or "Dot" for a white mosaic, just as examples.

Some people like references to royalty ... Such as Queen, Princess, Lady Di, etc.

There are the biblical names such as Mary or Jezebel (to take one from each extreme).

Historical females such as Joan (of Arc), Mae West, Amelia (Earheart), Betsy Ross, Jacqueline "Jackie" (Kennedy), etc.

A-Z
Abby, Betsy, Cat, Dora, Eva, Frenchie, Gail, Heather, Ida, Janice, Kay, Lulu, May, Nancy, Ofelia, Patty, Queeny, Rose, Suzie, Tammy, Ursala, Velma, Wanda, Xena, Yolanda, Zelda.

::howdythere::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Mel Apple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:55:05 PM »

Because I'm absolutely horrible at coming up with names, I use http://www.behindthename.com/  It tends to cover a bit of everything--cultural, religious, historical, mythological, along with origins and meanings of most of the names on the site.

animalnut1310

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 01:51:21 AM »

umm........i went with gizmo because they kind of resimble  the cute grimmlin off that movie "the grimmilin" the sad thing is ..is that i have 3 more to name off of the movie but i have no clue what they are but i may or may not name them like that it depends on the personality of the chinchilla i guess...............do any of you know any names like that?

Petco Chinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • My Baby, Fluff Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »

Crystal, Sunshine, Daffodil, Cheesecake, Carmel, Kelsey, Jamie, Daisy, and Reese.

A-Z:

Alison, Bethany, Carley, Dallas, Ellie, Flower, Glitter, Hailey, Isabelle, Jaska, Kayla, Lauren, Macy, Nell, Olivia, Perrywinkle, Qwinn, Rain, Sara, Tara, Ulyssa, Valerie, Wendy, Xalae, Yammy, and Zerly.

Try to be Unique!!
God Bless Chinchillas!

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 04:38:17 PM »

My girls are:
Jazzy, Sweetie, Rain, Scarlett, Gypsy, Pearl, Juliet, Cricket, Twilight, Franchesca, Tiffany, Honey, Euphrates, Danube, Lucky, Daisy mae, Trimble, Baby, Flower, Princess, Miss Muffet, Cupcake, Jojo, Pheonix, Diamond, Faith, Rose, Bella, Luna, Lily, Boquet, Spring, Rio, Charm, Marsha, Darien, Lilbit, Nile, Adison, Poppy, Jade, Sam, Grace

Some previous girls
Fresca Mae, Brice, Holly, Sambler, Guinivere, River

Just for some
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

chinny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 05:53:16 PM »

Wow..thanks for all your suggestions everyone..its not easy ..I'm liking Abby, and Jessie..what do you guys think ?

Petco Chinchillas

• My Baby, Fluff Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 06:33:25 PM »

I think they are cute names.
God Bless Chinchillas!

chinny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 07:02:33 AM »

Thanks..I think they are to... I don't have them yet.. I'm getting them tonight . I'm getting them from a young couple that can't keep them anymore because they moved into an apartment building that doesn't allow pets.  I will have to ask them tonight where they got them, how old they are ( if they know ) , by the pictures.. they still look young. One is a light grey with pink ears, the other looks to be a little darker with grey ears..I can't wait to get them. This will make 5 chins..I will be getting number 6 on Aug 14 , he's a white with some grey on him, and number 7 is a maybe.. I'm still waiting on the breeder to decide if he wants to keep her or not...I'm hoping he doesn't.. :::grins:: she is a very pretty girl that is also white with some grey. I can't wait to get pictures of everyone for you all to see.

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 07:51:19 AM »

::silly::   Another Chinchilla-Adict is born!!!    rofl

For me it was 2 for my birthday in November, 2 more for Christmas that same year ...by Easter I had 20 and by the following year, same time, I had 40 ...  :D

Do keep in mind you can not house males and females together until they are old enough to breed ...

AND ...

Once you have both males and females ... the males should not, in my opinion, share the same cage with other males ... males will fight, sometimes to the death, for the right to breed a female that is in season ... even if neither can get to her at that time.  It is called 'survival of the fittest'.

A male kit, at the tender age of 10 weeks, has to ability to impregnate a female.

A female chin, at the tender age of 3 1/2 to 4 months of age, has the ability to become pregnant, but is not mature enough {birthcanal is not large enough} to safely deliver kits.  Many times you loose the mom and all kits in this situation.

::wave::  Jo Ann

My Little Jamie

chinny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 09:24:12 AM »

Thanks Jo Ann, 

Yes.. I do believe I"m becoming a chinchilla adict   ::)

I left you some questions in my other post under Guestbook.  I have decided that I do want to breed them, so if you could give me any info you can..please do. I have read books and looked on the net.. but I would rather hear from someone with experience exactly how I should go about doing this.

I wanted to ask you Jo Ann.. what colors you would say these 2 females are ?   Like I had said above in my second post..the light grey one has pink ears.. and other female is darker with grey ears .  I have 2 standard males that are much darker then both of these females. I just wanted to know if they were standards also or another kind. What do you think ?

Thanks

Jen

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 04:43:05 PM »

Awww how cute, the one with pink ears looks like a hetero beige and the other a standard.
I have been getting my names from kiddy shows these days  ;)
Debbie.nl.ca

Petco Chinchillas

• My Baby, Fluff Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 07:07:59 PM »

I agree with Debbie.nl.ca :::grins::. I think Abby and Jessie are fine names for such fine li`l creatures!! ;)
God Bless Chinchillas!

chinny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 03:56:38 AM »

;D Well everyone..I'm going to stick with the 2 names I picked out Abby and Jessie..But Jessie turned out to be a boy. A big boy..well a lot bigger than my other 3 chins. He was purchased at a pet store a year ago in May..so he might be going on 2 yrs old ,, or around there somewhere. And like Debbie said..I also think he is a hetero beige, in person , he looks more beige then the grey ..and he is exactly like my little beige male I already have. They both have the exact same color and both have pink ears. I just love him..I can scratch behind his ears and his neck..he took a couple treats from me last night..and they absolutely loved their new home..Abby is really small..they said they had her for 3-4 months.,since she was just weened they said, she also came from a pet store. She is about the same size as my other 3 , that were all born in May.  I'm not sure if I should continue to house them together or if I should separate them until Abby gets a little older ?  I'm surprised nothing between them happened yet..or maybe it has and I don't have a clue about it... but I did see what I read about the tail thing during breeding going on last night..but Abby didn't want anything to do with it. I can't believe they thought they were both females.. I even checked right there in front of them when I picked them up.. it was really noticeable  :o  that Jessie was a male. 

Please let me know what you all think I should do.. its very easy for me to separate them in the type of cage I have ( ferret nation )..I just don't know what type of reaction they will have not being together.  And if I did separate them for another 4-5 months.. how would I go about introducing them again ?   Or do you think I should just leave them as they are ?  I know she is just too small to have babies..and maybe that is why she won't let him .

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 07:27:06 AM »

::silly::  Your choice, but if she gets pregnant at this age, there is a possibility her birth canal would not be big enough to safely deliver the kits ... she and the kits could die.

::wave::  Jo Ann

My Little Jamie

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up