Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ? for you all...  (Read 2246 times)

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
? for you all...
« on: May 04, 2009, 11:47:53 AM »

I know the big thing is to not allow things to fall on our beloved fur chins...my husband shakes his head when I was concerned with the glass loaf dish even though I tried to fit it in the hole...and it wouldn't go down...As to how they could get it up over the lip of the access hole to begin with...sure if they decided to move it around...they would be slidding it right? I'm not sure since they've not moved their litter pan and so I've not seen this moving of items in a cage...there is a lip around the access hole. And he said he just didn't see the chin's muscles being that strong to chuck it up and over the lip...

Is he correct...Or can the chins flip something up over the lip of this access hole to the lower part of the cage. It's a bass equipment tray...

http://www.bassequipment.com/Cages/Ferret+Pans/default.aspx
Our metal pans are heavy-duty, 26 gauge galvanized steel with smooth, rolled edges for strength and safety

Am I being paranoid?

Also  I've seen them scoot the PVC elbow[schedule 40 I think he said it was] that I used to keep up there...but I've never seen them raise it off the ground. Basically they are running and slid into it...and it will scoot a few inches...My husband thinks I need to put it back on the tray due to I removed it from the top area of the cage. My son wants it back on...for Fluffy loved sleeping in there...So everyone disagrees with my choice of removing it.  What's your thoughts?
~Darlene

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: ? for you all...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:42:02 PM »

Yes they could. You'd be surprised what they can manage. ::nod::

cadillactaste

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:33:32 PM »

Thanks...I was feeling I needed some support...for I was feeling I was out in left field...
~Darlene

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 09:17:39 AM »

::silly::  Chinchillas often set on the side of an object ... their weight ... or the momentum they can create when jumping on the top edge of something is quite surprising at times.  We almost lost a kit one day ... one of the parents was sitting and eating on the side of the ceramic bowl that their feed was in ...  It flipped and landed upside down, with the new kit underneath it.  It was lucky I saw it ... there would not have been that much air in it for very long.  That's when I replaced all the feeding dishes with "J" feeders that are attached to the wall.   I still use ceramic dishes for some of my chins, but never in with kits now.

::wave::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

cadillactaste

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:20:20 AM »

Thank goodness you were there to witness that Jo Ann...and the kit was unharmed. The possiblities could have been a lot worse...

Yeah...they are rambunctious critters...I told my husband to "bolt" one to the side of the cage if he wants it up on the top level... ;)
~Darlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up