Author Topic: Zorro  (Read 8944 times)

Summer

• 4everchins
  • Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
Zorro
« on: June 02, 2007, 11:52:16 PM »

Yesterday I lost Zorro! Some how he got his teeth stuck on the part of his run. I don't know how he did this.  ::think:: I happed to be gone all day yesterday, when I went to weight them is when we found him dead, :::(((. He was bent in a odd position. That getting him out of the run was the worst part. Today I couldn't bring my self to leave the chin room. Phantom his mate was so distraught. I set next to and talked to her. All the chins seamed to on edge. They seam better to night. I think am in a state of shock. I can't be leave this happed and how it happed. I will miss him greatly! Zorro I love you and miss you.  :'(
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:57:09 PM by Summer »

tenniskris

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Zorro
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:29:07 AM »

I am so sorry about Zorro.  We lost our Furby the day before and I know the pain you are in.  Hang in there!!
Kristine

QTPie61282

• View Profile
    • For The Love of Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 10:03:42 AM »

I am so sorry about Zorro.   :'( Its always so hard to lose them and especially if they were never sick.
Its happened to all of us.  Im still getting over the death of my very first chinchilla Chilly from last summer.
June 29th will be a year since that day and I want to get a tattoo of his face somewhere as a memorial to him.

Its hard but we will help you get through it.  Keep your head up!
~Jen~

Summer

• 4everchins
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 11:13:36 AM »

Thanks every one for the kind words. I feel so guilty,I know it's not fault. Just he day before My husband told me that our kitten had been hit by car. (I was out town) I thought she was gone till I got home and found her in the bedroom. ::think:: Some how my husband had mis taking her for some one else's kitten. So I'm just emotionally drained right now. I feel like I have been on a rollcoaster for two days.

Sweetnessheart

• Appreciation points: 7
    • View Profile
    • 4 J's Plantation
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 02:25:35 PM »

::cry222:::  I am so sorry! 

Such a shock!  I know you will miss him greatly!     :'(
Janice and Jim
http://www.4jsplantation.com

ECBC V-Pres. - Southeast Unit of Ohio Branch

Donna

• Appreciation points: 2
  • donnaburk@att.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 02:40:06 AM »

I am so sorry about Zorro, I was just looking at him on June 1st on your website. He looked so sweet and beautiful, I just can't believe it either. I do not breed with runs so I don't understand how this could happen. Remember that Zorro will always live in your mind and heart and is wating for you at the end of the Rainbow Bridge. I am a very new member to the chin club and have not learned how to post things yet. JoAnn was kind enough to post a poem about my beloved chin that passed. Please read "Chinchilla in a Locket" in this memorial section and I hope that it helps you. If it helps please respond under Chinchilla in a Locket. I am so sorry that this awful accident had to happen, believe me I feel your pain.
                                           My prayers are with you, Donna

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 08:43:07 AM »

Hi Summer,
   Where was he?  I've never heard of one getting his teeth stuck, or how doing that would kill him (other than he went into shock).  That is terrible!  I am sure all the chins were very stressed ... I would have stayed right with them for a long time also ... many people do not understand chinchillas have the same emotions as humans, but with chinchillas, they will sometimes mourn themselves to death when a mate or a kit dies.    :hugs:
    He's in chinnie heaven running free and playing now.   ::nod::

|hugs|
Chinnie Hugs
   Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

KCchins

• Kansas City Chinchillas
  • Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
    • Kansas City Chinchillas
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 09:08:38 AM »

I'm so sorry you lost Zorro.
---Cathy

I have chins available.
e-mail me KCchins@msn.com if interested.

neeley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 09:25:01 AM »

I am so sorry for your loss.  It is hard enough to lose one when they are sick.  I can not imagine the feeling of losing one totally unexpectedly.

Summer

• 4everchins
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 11:09:09 AM »

Thanks Evey one. I don't know what I do with out out you guys. Thank you for all you kind words. This was so out the blue. I spent most of yesterday with the chins too. Evey one was petty much them old self. Phantom is eating and drinking but very little at first. She has stared to eat more after I temped her with a risen. I don't normally give them raisins, but I thought she could use one. I am not sure how to explain how his teeth stuck, but I will try. Zorro was on the bottom run,it like he was trying to nibble what was above him. He was on his back,teeth at the top and his butt end were you could could see him though the cage. His neck was bent up like he broke it. Not sure. He was kind of in the fetal position but with his neck bent back. His top teeth were on the out side of the run, the bottom on the inside. Sorry if this to graphic.

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 12:39:13 PM »

Yes what a shock for sure. ::cry222:::

They can get into anything I tell you.
I had one get the water spout in his mouth and then his teeth stuck through the wire door.
The spout was right down his throat. I don't know how long he was there, but it was a while.
He did survive, but it showed me that if it's at all possible they can get into it.
Sounds like he was hung for a while, and went into shock.
When that happens they get tiny bleeds through out their body, and can die.
It may never ever happen again.I sure hope not.
We sure feel with you, you know that. :hugs:
Debbie.nl.ca

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 05:24:36 AM »

::silly::  Another possibility is a seizure.

I don't know if you know that much about seizures, but, when I had my second grand mal seizure, my right arm was pulled completely out of socket and I had to have it re-built.  Unless I damage a part of my body, I usually do not know when I've had a seizure.  My first two seizures were grand mal seizures ... I had never had a seizure before them.

It is the same with a chinchilla ... a grand mal seizure could have had him twisting and turning, he could have caught his teeth on the wire, then broke his neck, with all the muscle spasams.  If this is what happened, be assured ... he did not know what was going on and passed quickly.  Even if you had been right with him at the time, you may not have been able to help him.

He doesn't have to worry about pain or cages anymore ... he's playing free and happy.   |hugs|

Jo Ann  ::wave::

My Little Jamie

Summer

• 4everchins
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 10:26:57 AM »

That very well could have happed. I know a little about seizures,not much though. It was just position I have never see a chin before.  I felt so guilty for not being there that day.  Yup he is free to run and play with out haven to worry about any thing.  Oh Jo Ann, that must have horrible for you.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:29:46 AM by Summer »

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »

::silly::  Just one of those things in life you learn to adjust to ...  ;) 

I am just thankfull I still have full use of my right arm and hand and a twinge now and then to remind me ... other than that ... I knew nothing while it was happening and remembered nothing when I came out of it, so, it really wasn't all that bad. 

When I see a chin having a seizure, I feel helpless and worse than I did when I had mine.

When I see it in a chin ... I know what Bill must have been feeling when he saw it happening to me. 

It's harder on you to feel helpless, than it is to feel the pain yourself ... even knowing he won't even remember.

That's why I say ... if it was a seizure ... he never knew anything that was happening, but it traumatized the other chins that saw it.

Just give them extra love and attention ... that's what they need now.   :)

|hugs|
Jo Ann

My Little Jamie

Summer

• 4everchins
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 06:23:50 PM »

Yes his mate lost 12 grams,since it happend. I trying to keep things as normal as possible for her. She is eating and drinking just not like she usually doe's. All though I'm sure they keep wondering why I keep checking in on them. lol  ::think::
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up