Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have pet insurance on their chins?  (Read 2813 times)

jmrothermel

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Does anyone have pet insurance on their chins?
« on: January 03, 2007, 09:08:03 PM »

I was looking around at chin websites (my new favorite pastime) and I saw a website that gave a link to one of the pet insurances that offers chinchilla insurance.  I got a quote for my two, and I think it turned out to be about 23.00 a month.  From what I read, it covers accidents, illnesses, even self mutilation, so if they would chew themselves or whatnot.  I mean if they would have a problem with a broken bone, or malocclusion (which these two should not have but I guess in any case) 23.00 a month really would be a drop in the bucket compared to what the vet bills would be.  Obviously, being a chin owner, we all have already made the commitment that we would cover any vet bills that are going to come up anyway.

So my quesiton is, does anyone have this for their chins, or any other animal for that matter?  And what are your views on the need/no need of this coverage?

Thanks!
Jacqui
~Jacqui~
Member of the MCBA
My name is
Lily

Adopt your own

ThreeLilChins

• Chinchilla Whisperers
  • Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
    • Three Lil' Chins
Re: Does anyone have pet insurance on their chins?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 10:51:51 PM »

Hamlet (our cute lil pom) has insurance. It covers vaccinations, neutering, routine checkups and all sorts of other stuff. It also covers up to 1500 dollars worth of medical fees should something a raise.  It cost like 100.00 to sign up and then like 18.00 a month or something. It has been a great investment. We have already saved 100.00's of dollars. His shots have all been covered. His neutering cost like 100.00 bucks. We are pleased that we signed up for it.

The chins do not have any insurance. We do have a chinchilla health fund just in case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up