Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4-5 months old chin needs wonderful home  (Read 963 times)

MelodyAndMochi

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
4-5 months old chin needs wonderful home
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:09:29 AM »

Hello.  I don't know if I can post this sort of posting here but I'm rehoming my rescue baby chinchilla.  If I am not allow to do this please let me know.  I will gladly delete it right away.  You can see a picture of her from my previous postings but if you want more picture email me at krnsu@yahoo.com   I live in Austin, TX, very south part of Austin, if you're interested in.
So here's little story about her.  This woman surrendered 1-week old her and her brother to this animal hospital and she was around with her foster chinchilla mom and human parents until she was 2 months old and I took her over.  She's very well tamed; will come to you, jump on your shoulder, smell your face, will take treats/food from you inside and outside of cage.  She is like other chinchillas, she will chew on cords if you don't put them away, she will chew on doors and walls, she will poop everywhere while she's out of her cage.  The things I was hoping to train was potty traning and not to nip on you when you try to hold/grab her.
I know almost everybody on this forum has chinchillas and they are very well taken care of.  That is why I want to start here to find her new family.  I will send her home with her cage, oxbow pallet, oxbow timothy hay, compressed 16L bedding and dust bath stuff. 
When you email me, I will ask you questions about chinchillas and I will only contact local people around my area and to ensure that she goes to right family there will be a small rehoming fee.

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: 4-5 months old chin needs wonderful home
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 01:31:35 PM »

Not a problem to post here. There is also a local area that this thread may get moved to. I hope someone in your area will find this post. As far as potty training a chinchilla (other than for urination) it is not physiologically possible. It is possible to train them to not nip at you with some gentle negative reinforcement such as blowing on the face or shouting as soon as it happens. I've done that with mine and it worked pretty well after a couple of weeks. Not sure where he got that habit from. He is also extremely tame.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

Snickerdoodlesmom

• Proud mom of Snickerdoodle
  • Appreciation points: 11
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile
Re: 4-5 months old chin needs wonderful home
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 10:38:16 AM »

Is there a reason that you need to rehome the chinchilla? If it's a problem with the chinchilla, maybe we could give tips :)
- Dvora, Snickerdoodle's Momma
Pages: [1]   Go Up