Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it okay to use a glade plug-in near your chinchilla  (Read 1031 times)

lifeisgood.lisha

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Is it okay to use a glade plug-in near your chinchilla
« on: September 09, 2013, 12:25:26 AM »

I currently have my chinchilla in my bedroom. I change her liner's once a week, so she's not the one who's smelly. My roommates don't want to move the trashcans from near my window and in consequence.... My room get's smelly from time to time.  :-\

I imagine chinchilla's have sensitive noses, but I'd love to use a plug-in to freshen things up. What are your opinions for my chinchilla's health if I use one in the same room as her?

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Is it okay to use a glade plug-in near your chinchilla
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:21:41 AM »

Problem is chinchillas have sensitive and delicate lungs. I would not advise it. If it is irritating enough it could cause acute and fatal pneumonia. I feel sorry for you that you have to deal with the garbage stench.
Please be very careful with candles, cleaners, and any kind of smoke. Birds are bad for this too. It seems that Febreeze gets blamed for deaths of chinchillas more than others. It doesn't mean you can't use spray cleaners. Just make sure your pets aren't in the room while sprays are in the air and let the room air out well before returning them.
Scents are different since they are made to stay in the air and they can be very harmful.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:39:52 AM by GrayRodent »
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up