Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I think Snix is sneezing!  (Read 810 times)

Snickerdoodlesmom

• Proud mom of Snickerdoodle
  • Appreciation points: 11
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile
I think Snix is sneezing!
« on: June 25, 2013, 12:59:48 PM »

Snickerdoodle has been making a weird sound lately, like a sneeze. Also, he has sneezed on my face twice within the last month. I felt a burst of air from his nose on my face while he was sitting on me and heard a squeak. This has been happening more lately, maybe one or more times a week. I feel terrible for my poor boy, but he doesn't seem to mind. There are no other symptoms. Thanks to anyone who can give input!
- Dvora, Snickerdoodle's Momma

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: I think Snix is sneezing!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 06:43:05 PM »

It's probably from giving him a dust bath. My chinchilla does that too sometimes. As long as you don't have discharge from the eyes and nose, drooling, weight loss trend, (I hope you're still logging his weight), or labored breathing, I wouldn't worry too much. That's my two cents anyway.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

Snickerdoodlesmom

• Proud mom of Snickerdoodle
  • Appreciation points: 11
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile
Re: I think Snix is sneezing!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 08:15:38 AM »

It's not. I know because I hadn't given him a bath in a week.... I know that's bad but I'm usually on top of it :( I gave him one last night, don't worry. I have not been logging his weight because my parents refuse to get a scale! But I know that he is fine weightwise; I pick him up often. One thing I do see every now and then (RARELY, thank God) is him wiping his mouth (having read that this is a sign of malo in another post here, I became more aware of it). But I'm honestly not too worried about that because he's really healthy. He begs often for treats and sometimes even for hay! He has been doing that squeaky thing more often. Yesterday, he did it twice at two different times, even before his bath :(
- Dvora, Snickerdoodle's Momma
Pages: [1]   Go Up