Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Babies Finally!!!! :)  (Read 1844 times)

ExoticFamily

• Appreciation points: -8
    • View Profile
Babies Finally!!!! :)
« on: May 28, 2012, 01:29:24 AM »

So today I heard squeking when I was feeding my snake, and turned real quick, and noticed a tail coming from under my females stomach!!  :-\ I got a lil frieked out, but once I got close to the cage Sasha jumped outa the way and there it was... one super cute baby! Then outa the corner of my eye I spotted another one jumping into some ferret toys just laying in the room! It had jumped outa the cage and musta been squeeking to find her momma! :)  It came to my hand right away and I put it right back with its mom, and was so stunned I didn't know what else to do but take pics and call my fiance!
After I calmed down and reality hit me, I weighed them (28 & 33 grams) and put the 2 babies and their mom in a smaller cage with smaller bars!
After adding in the gestation length, it looks like it HAS to be babies of Gizmo! :) WOOHOO Way to go!!  :2funny:   
So now I have 2 babies, and I have been already planning for a few weeks to go pick up 2 females from a friend because she is moving and pets are not allowed! So we are fully stocked!  ;)

so here they are!

AnnieHank

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Babies Finally!!!! :)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »

Oh wow! They are so cute- Congrats :)

ExoticFamily

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 01:26:00 AM »

Thank you!
But man! They are REALLY keeping me up tonight! The babies are making tons of noise, and the mom is being a brat!

Snickerdoodlesmom

• Proud mom of Snickerdoodle
  • Appreciation points: 11
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 04:50:38 AM »

They're beautiful!!! What do the babies sound like? Do they squeak and bark? And what's moms name?
- Dvora, Snickerdoodle's Momma

ExoticFamily

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »

The moms name is Sasha! And they make like a chirping/squeeking sound!

ExoticFamily

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 06:10:44 AM »

Man these babies are soo cute! They are coming along great and I'm gonna weigh them tomorrow to make sure they are gaining their appropriate weight! One seems like its a lil smaller then the other, but they are both running and jumping around already! The heavier one I'm thinking of naming Chubbs! LOL!
It's funny because now that they can jump, mom can't hide ontop of her igloo anymore! LOL! Sasha is really a great mom though and I'm happy I got her from the breeder my fiance found!
Her son (that we got at the same time) just mated with our new standard female, and I'm pretty sure it was successful because he started doing that after mating hiccuping weird noise! :)
I also want to say that I love this place because it has taught me ALOT about getting quality chins, and not some random petstore chin! THANK YOU GUYS ALOT!!!

This is one of the babies a few days ago! I can't remember which one this is because they both have a black stripe down the underside of their tail!

maulam

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 02:03:33 PM »

They are SO CUTE!  ::silly:: Congratulations! Are you going to keep them?

Squirrel_Butt

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 01:24:24 PM »

Congrats on the babies!!!  ::chinhappy:: I had my first litter back in August during the tropical storm.  They squeak a lot until they are weaned, then they quite down a bit.  Mine also escaped their cages their first night.  They have bonded with me and see me as another chin, even sniffing noses with me.
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde
Pages: [1]   Go Up