Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: geckos  (Read 2126 times)

Marip

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
geckos
« on: March 17, 2012, 04:58:05 PM »

hi

my brother has a leopard gecko and he s not ok at all he doesnt eat crickets or tenebrio he is really thin and we don't know what to do anymore he changes his skin and everything but doesnt eat can someone help us?

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: geckos
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 07:52:27 PM »

I googled "gecko health issues" and found some articles. It could be a number of things. Apparently a common one is impaction. If it is then you will need to see a vet. With reptiles cage temperature is very important for digestion and for the leopard gecko you must have a thermostat to control it.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

Marip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:57:01 AM »

I googled "gecko health issues" and found some articles. It could be a number of things. Apparently a common one is impaction. If it is then you will need to see a vet. With reptiles cage temperature is very important for digestion and for the leopard gecko you must have a thermostat to control it.

we have that the temperature is box is  like 30ยบ

GrayRodent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 05:05:28 PM »

Looks like the cage, I mean, tank temperature is what it supposed to be. The fact that you are seeing weight loss is a bad sign. It could be some kind of infection or parasite, or a bowel impaction. Apparently impaction can be caused by the gecko eating its substrate. In some cases this can be caused by a calcium deficiency where it tries to get the calcium from the dirt. When you feed it bugs they should be rolled in calcium powder twice a week to prevent this.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

GrayRodent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »

I was able to find a very active gecko forum if you're interested. They have a questionnaire that you can fill out that can help others advise you about your pet. If you have access to a veterinarian that would be better. This kind of problem will be fatal if not properly treated.

http://geckoforums.net/

Health thread:
http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=70912
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:35:29 PM by GrayRodent »

Marip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 07:17:04 PM »

I was able to find a very active gecko forum if you're interested. They have a questionnaire that you can fill out that can help others advise you about your pet. If you have access to a veterinarian that would be better. This kind of problem be fatal if not properly treated.

http://geckoforums.net/

Health thread:
http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=70912

today he ate i was so happy just like 5 crickets but he ate thats underfull , yes my brother has calcium that he puts on crickets and thank you so much for the forum . :::grins::
Pages: [1]   Go Up