Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinchilla kisses  (Read 2879 times)

3kids2chins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Chinchilla kisses
« on: February 27, 2012, 08:56:03 AM »

This is my first post, but I knew this is where I could talk to folks that would appreciate this. Back in November, we got 3 chincillas that we adopted from a nice guy I met at work. His chincillas had become overcrowded, and were fighting, so he needed some new forever homes. Unfortunately, my little buddy Scrappy died not long after we got him, and we never could find any reason for it. Very  heartbreaking. Now we still have Warbler and Gizmo. They were given attention, but their move to my home was a huge change for them, and we have been taming them all this time. They are VERY sweet, but are not to the point that they will volunteer to be held. If this is as tame as they get, we are still crazy about them, but this morning Gizmo (my little buddy) came to the front of the cage while I was giving them new food. They both always come over to see what I am bringing, and will let me pet them. They also play with my hands and tug on my clothes playfully. ANYWAY, this morning I stuck my face in the door since they were extra friendly, to see what they would think. Gizmo came right over and let me kiss him on the head, and then gave me kisses like it was the most normal thing in the world. Love this little guy!!!

Marip

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Chinchilla kisses
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:47:22 PM »

This is my first post, but I knew this is where I could talk to folks that would appreciate this. Back in November, we got 3 chincillas that we adopted from a nice guy I met at work. His chincillas had become overcrowded, and were fighting, so he needed some new forever homes. Unfortunately, my little buddy Scrappy died not long after we got him, and we never could find any reason for it. Very  heartbreaking. Now we still have Warbler and Gizmo. They were given attention, but their move to my home was a huge change for them, and we have been taming them all this time. They are VERY sweet, but are not to the point that they will volunteer to be held. If this is as tame as they get, we are still crazy about them, but this morning Gizmo (my little buddy) came to the front of the cage while I was giving them new food. They both always come over to see what I am bringing, and will let me pet them. They also play with my hands and tug on my clothes playfully. ANYWAY, this morning I stuck my face in the door since they were extra friendly, to see what they would think. Gizmo came right over and let me kiss him on the head, and then gave me kisses like it was the most normal thing in the world. Love this little guy!!!

hoo so cute ! *.*

Squirrel_Butt

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »

Haha  I stick my head in my chins' cages. Sometimes they sit on my head  :2funny:
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »

That's so cool.
Mine love to groom my eye lashes too, sit on my head, and kisses are given.Just give them time and keep up a good routine.
Debbie.nl.ca

CrazyChinLady

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 11:10:38 AM »

I have two chins.  They used to be 'not so well' with the grooming thing. I came in one morning to two whiskerless chins. They were sitting there, watching me, looking a wee bit embarassed...  "who lost the bet?"  Nice look.. aren't you two proud of yourself...? 

I kiss their little faces, can't help myself. Raisin actually braces herself so I won't knock her down when I smack her right on her little nose. I made the mistake of letting her sniff my eyelashes. She tried to 'de-whisker' me. Actually, she did.
I will be in the middle of sweeping the ledges for, as my husband puts it, the sprinkles, and Daisy will decide she doesn't want to move. I try to sweep around her and she always does the 'talk to my hand' thing, continually slapping me away. She pulled this the other day, I plucked her up, took her out of the cage and, put my face on her fuzzy little belly and made a rasberry noise.  She looked at me, I could read her expression -- "Proud of yourself?"  I certainly was.

Squirrel_Butt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 05:33:51 PM »

Crazy Chin Lady: I have a chin named Raisin too!   ::chinhappy::
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde

CrazyChinLady

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 12:57:30 PM »

Squirrel Butt:
Awwwww.  I bet your Raisin likes raisins too....
..... we are in sync.  Our other chin is named Daisy, but we nicknamed her 'Curly Butt' years ago due to her completely curled up piggy tail, and the fact that her backside sticks up as though her tail was put on upside down. :)

Squirrel_Butt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 03:42:53 PM »

Raisin kept her name from the shelter. I dont feed my chins raisins that often. I go with shredded wheat.  My Raisin has a very long tail.  She loves chewing on clothing though. Put a bunch of holes in one of my shirts.
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde

CrazyChinLady

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 08:27:37 PM »

Mine like shredded wheat but usually I need to take a bite and make a big deal about it and chomp loudly and it occurs to them
I know what you mean about the clothes. Raisin hops on my back when I am leaning in cleaning her cage, and one day before I know it, I felt her pulling on something, pretty soon, she chewed my bra strap in half. She did it fast to, because I was trying to reach her and pluck her up, but she kept dodging me.
But they are sweet little furry dumplings...
 Although Raisin isn't a hands on girl, and does not like to be picked up, just LOVES having her arm pits tickled.  Her 'arms' will fly straight out like we are now engaged in a game of 'airplane', and she silently pleads with me... "tickle arm pits Mom -- tickle my pits!!!". Her eyes closes and she throws her head back in chin estacy.....

Squirrel_Butt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »

My Raisin lets me hold her only when she wants to be held. She will crawl into my hands when she wants to be heald. Her kits come right out to me. My oldest chin Chip comes right out to me too.  Chip loves grooming me. Any body hair he sees and he starts nipping, sometimes biting me in the process :2funny:
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde
Pages: [1]   Go Up