Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingston-new baby with "furr-chewing habit" UPDATE  (Read 910 times)

Blondy40

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Kingston-new baby with "furr-chewing habit" UPDATE
« on: June 21, 2011, 10:06:33 AM »

Good Afternoon, fellow chin lovers. I just wanted to give everyone an update. A few months ago, I adopted a male black velvet chinchilla from a breeder here in New York. The breeder was very nice but could not breed "Kingston" as he had a furr chewing problem which apparently is genetic in some cases. I was not sure what I was getting into but was hopeful that I could nurture him into stopping this habit and provide him with a loving home. He wasn't as bad as I thought when I picked him up but he had a good portion of his furr on his right side chewed off. Well, knock on wood, he has not chewed since I brought him home and his beautiful black furr is entirely grown back..he is gorgeous and the sweetest laid back little dude! I set him up in his own condo with tons and tons of activities and I think maybe this helped. Of course, I understand that this habit can be like chewing nails for humans and maybe that is what I can relate to as it took me nearly 30 years to stop that nonsense! So I know there is hope. Kingston looks like a show chin!!! I am so proud of my litle guy...course I laugh at times thinking maybe the breeder just stuck him with a girl that he didnt approve of and he started chewing himself! If this is the case, then I cannot blame him!!! LOL...Everyone have a great day! I just wanted to pass along a happy story as I have been reading some tragic ones and thought maybe a nice one would be good!  ::silly:: ;)     

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Kingston-new baby with "furr-chewing habit" UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 02:50:47 PM »

awwww that is awesome!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up