Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A New Baby in the home!  (Read 1637 times)

Blondy40

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
A New Baby in the home!
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:53:30 AM »

Good Morning, fellow Chinchilla lovers. I recently went onto Hoobly.com and once again lucked out on this site. I met a breeder from Middletown NY who was selling a black velvet chinchilla. He cannot breed him as he has a fur chewing issue. Needless to say, I drove to Syracuse last evening to pick him up and he is a sweet doll...gorgeous..very fluffy. Yes, he has some furr chewed but I am hoping maybe we can help him to cease his problem eventually. He only cried a bit on the way home and last evening. He ate and took a nice bath immediately after transplanting him into his new home. He even took a shredded wheat from me this morning! I will post pics soon (do not want to be snapping a camera at him this early...we are giving him time to settle in and relax.) I have read quite a bit on the furr chewing and realize that it is hereditary..he definitely does not seem to have any health issues.

Anyway, we love him immensely already and have welcomed his sweet little self into our Chin home. Oh, the hubby named him Burbank..not quite sure what I think of that name..think I may have to argue that point.! rofl :2funny: ::nod::

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
Re: A New Baby in the home!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:39:30 AM »

awww what a sweet story! glad he's settling in ok :) looking forward to pictures once he's up for posing!

Blondy40

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:44:14 AM »

Yes, yes..if I can figure out how to get the pics on this site..I have a problem with the pics being too large so I can never upload them onto the site! I have to take the time to sit and figure this out.  ::shrug:: 

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:13:28 AM »

i usually upload them to http://imageshack.us/ and just link on here. you don't need to create an account but if you do, you'll get the direct link to the picture as well

Blondy40

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 06:20:03 AM »

Thank You..I am going to try this morning! Oh and the new guys name is Kingston..he is such a stately looking Chin!  ::silly:: ;D

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 06:50:35 AM »

Congrats  ::nod::
Debbie.nl.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up