Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rescue Chin will not eat or drink  (Read 17634 times)

christa

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rescue Chin will not eat or drink
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2011, 04:00:16 PM »

OMG, thanks SOOOOO much,  Dianah, I am going to phone the clinic tomorrow and ask for it.  What a life saver, THANK YOU!!! :o :o :o ;)ps Hope Mae and you and yours are all very well!!! ::silly:: ::silly:: ::silly::
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:10:49 PM by christa »

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2011, 04:59:21 PM »

let me know what they say at the vets. i think the most important thing is not to panic. i know it's easier said than done, the amount of times i've been on the phone to the vet (thankfully, she's great and doesn't mind!) when mae's droppings were rather scarce when she was recovering from bloat (apparently, as long as they are producing droppings and there's more than 10 in a day, it's not too bad - obviously this is when they've been having problems)

mae was on lactulose for quite a long time the second time she had bloat (which was not as bad as the first), i took ages to take her off lactulose. normally you'd just stop but i took her off it very very gradually. it still caused a little bit of disruption in her droppings, she was on 0.5ml twice a day and i would reduce it by 0.2ml every day so one day she'd have 2x 0.4ml, next day 2x 0.3ml and it was all good until we got to 0.2ml when her droppings were really rather small and not many so i did the rest slower - for two days i did 2x 0.2 then another two days 2x 0.15.. and so on. so it took a while but it worked.

mae's being introduced to spock at the moment! they like each other but she's very attention hungry and if he decided to be somewhere else in a cage, she goes and harasses him! poor boy :)   

christa

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2011, 05:01:07 PM »

Oh, thanks so much ----will do! ;)
who is Spock?   ::think::

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2011, 02:11:56 PM »

spock's one of my boys. it's his birthday today. as well as pippi's and ffynn's. they are the babies we had to hand feed. and they're a year old now :) ffynn and spock were neutered in february so they can be with ladies. spock's going to be with mae and ffynn with the three girls.

christa

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2011, 02:23:03 PM »

Oh, that is fantastic! :::grins::

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »

we've started the introductions and it's going well - they get on but not enough for me to be happy to leave them in a cage together unsupervised! :)

mae's missing a back leg as well and she falls off perches on her own if she misses, when spock's with her she's following him round so she's even more clumsy and sometimes they jump onto the same part of the shelf. she can't fall far but it still worries me.

christa

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »

Aww,  Mae sounds like a real survivor,  what a doll.  I am sure the situation will even out and will be good for all parties!!! ::silly:: ::silly::

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2011, 08:16:43 AM »

Hey Dinah,

Took a grand total of 10 mintues to reintroduce Ebbie and Titan.  They were back loving each other and have been for the last few days.  Coulndt belive how easy it was this time.  Howver he was a bit randy and she allowed it....god i hope 6 weeks was enough.

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2011, 08:26:15 AM »

christa - she is a great girl!

j - haha oh dear! my vet said after six weeks there may be some stuff left but it's very unlikely it would be enough to make them pregnant. you should be ok :) how great they got back together so quickly! it was the same with chinchi and fluffy, they just basically went back together, no re-intro was needed.

this lot however.. good god... i'm introducing ffynn to fluffy (mum), pippi (sister from the same litter) and luella (younger sister) and while they're happy with him, he's terrified! pippi and fluffy even groom faces with him, luella's not so sure but no one's attacking anybody. but he hides!

spock's ffynn and pippi's brother and mae's a rescue girl we got at the end of october (i never thought she'd still be alive now, and doing well!!) - they like each other but after face grooming they start mounting and neither of them is taking it so they start mounting at the same time which of course is not that possible and then i have to separate them.

i think it's good that no one is attacking anybody. still!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up