Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

New chin owner, glass door problems

do i just cover the glass with a blanket?
- 0 (0%)
or will he learn eventually that he cant run through walls?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 08, 2011, 07:01:30 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bueno bueno!  (Read 2417 times)

andiceni

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
bueno bueno!
« on: February 01, 2011, 07:01:30 PM »

Hello! my name's andi. My boyfriend and i just got our first chin about 2 weeks ago. his name is Chino and hes...beige with some grey i guess LOL! not too sure what to call the color. have a question. He keeps running into the glass door. we put plenty of stickers at his level so he can realize not to go through. half the time he sees it, half the time he doesnt and he runs into it. anyone know what colors they can see easily so he can stop hitting his head?

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
Re: bueno bueno!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:30:53 AM »

I have not seen a beige with grey showing , got pics?
Hmm not sure what they see, but he should learn quickly not to run into the glass. ::nod::If you have too run strips of tape so they look like bars.
Debbie.nl.ca

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 08:24:42 AM »

Debbie is right.  Most of the time they run by memory, not sight.  Soon he will learn that is a "wall" and stop running that way.  However, once he memorizes the room be cautious of moving furniture.  He will slam into that when he gets going!  :)

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

andiceni

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:45:19 PM »

thanks everyone! rofl. and yes, i do have pics but i havent figured out how to upload them yet. ill let you know when i do. and thank you about the furniture advise! we bought him a much larger cage and WERE planning on moving the whole living room around when it came in!

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »

Anybody else notice when a Chin gets running they move their ears forward like a hood scoop on a car or a bull with their horns.  Ours do that and make a huff and puff noise when they run, we crack up when they get going as a group doing it.

andiceni

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »

mine kinda does that. we got a little worried last night with his ears. we hit 18 degrees lastnight (very abnormal for the state of new mexico) so we had the heater on. went to check on our chin before bed and his ears were extremly red. been planning on getting him a fan so he can be cool and well be warm. thing is he doesnt like his chinchiller for some reason, it woulda helped

andiceni

• View Profile
PICS ARE UP
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 01:03:26 PM »

my chins pics are finally up. his back is gray, and toward his belly is beige, we tend to play hide and seek with him on our carpet

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 01:38:39 PM »

andiceni, I would call him a beige.  But the pics are dark.  Mine hate their chinchiller too, they bury it in their cage under bedding, if its on the top shelf they will brin the bedding up to it and cover it.  If they use/like them is on a chin by chin basis.  What did you turn you house up to, mine stays at 68 all the time, the chins are perfect, i shut the blower vent off over them so they dont get a draft and just leave the door open all the time for circulation.  To have them not moving much and getting red ears you had to have a very hot house or no moving air at all.

andiceni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »

We only had the heat up to 70 at the highest. i have no clue why his ears did that or why he got so hot!  ::shrug:: we're planning on moving his cage near the window because our apt gets a little stuffy. i would call him beige too but his back is a little on the grey-er side. whatever color he is i still think hes cute
Pages: [1]   Go Up