Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: does anyone have.....  (Read 1177 times)

rainbowrotties

• Jacqie
  • Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
does anyone have.....
« on: November 01, 2010, 05:50:55 PM »

I would like to make some fleece items for my chins cages and I have searched and found instructions for hammocks, shelf and ramp covers and a few other things but no one has any instructions for a fleece house.....can anyone help me out? I know those that sell them would rather not give that up and I understand, but I would like to save myself some money and be able to make my own for my self, I'm not trying to add to the cluster of people trying to sell them, just want to make some for my chinbabies! thanks in advance
2 cats: Honey Cat, Buster
3 dogs: Destiny, Harley, Riley
9 Chins: Mojo, Foxy Cleopatra, Sherman,Ms. Perdy, Tarzan, Jane,AND a 75gallon fish tank with 20+ fishies!!!!

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
Re: does anyone have.....
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 03:48:33 PM »

I have no clue how to make them. But have you looked online or at fabric stores? I know this is wrong, but what if you bought one at a petstore or measured the size so you'd have an idea how to make it.

1newChinmom1

• View Profile
Re: does anyone have.....
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »

I took a wooden house (the kind that comes in pieces) outlined the pieces on a paper bag, added seam allowances,and used this for the pattern for a double walled house and sewed ours up! The best part is, the seams are decorative! I use a zigzag stitch for strength. After the first one, they got very easy and I have made them in various sizes for all of our friends four-legged family members. ::nod:: Actually, I have never seem a "professionally" made one, but mine seem just fine, and are kind of cute. I add pockets for chews and put the door openings where ever I (or Persiphone & Cerberus) want!
Give it a try, it is really easy!

The more I learn, the more I realize how little i know! ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up