Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In the same room together?...& tv questions  (Read 2415 times)

wvdreamer69

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
In the same room together?...& tv questions
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:40:54 PM »

So we had our spoiled little boy in our bedroom but he made such a ruckus at night that i figured he was super bored...so a few nights ago i brought him downstairs, tv was turned down low (icarly was on) anyway he jumped up to his perch and just sat there lol....i kept one side of cage completly covered so he could retreat into his "cave" if he really needed to. anyway i got up the next morning and there he was watching hannah montana...lol..seriously in a good mood, so i brought him to the same place for 2 more nights..is that bad for him? i kind thought maybe he would enjoy the "company" and maybe learn more than just how to throw things lol. i usually move his cage to a closed bedroom during the day now. and.he doesnt seem to mind being moved around..but i also have a male and female that i keep together upstairs, they aren't very playful at all...maybe it would help them socially n not be so bored..im wondering if i brought them down also would it be ok for them all to be in the same room together..place the two cages about 20 ft or so away from each other, upstairs both cages where placed against the wall next to the door..so pretty much a 2 inch seperation and just around the corner was their neighbor..they made noises back and forth but never anything aggressive, the boys have previously been caged together but had to seperate when they started fighting...i made a mistake of moving  her cage right next to theirs for about a month..i just wonder if they would all be ok..the boys are both super sweet and give me kisses and show off all the time..she is skitish..always has been that way but seems since they have been together that she follows his lead a little more with coming to me. anyway..anyone have advice...is the tv gonna ruin my poor babies..lol and is room sharing at that distance gonna cause me any problems..?

jbcstratton

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
Re: In the same room together?...& tv questions
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 05:22:13 AM »

I don't know about the tv but I keep a radio playing for my chins.  I think it helps them not be scared of noises.  If your males are not in the same cage with a female around you should have nothing to be worried about keeping them in the same room.
Brandy

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »

Huh, i'v never thought of leaving the tv or radio on for the chins. Thats interesting. Sorry i don't know to much about your question.

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 09:05:29 PM »

It could ease their minds just knowing there are other chins around, and then it could upset one in the pair and cause a with them.
All chins are different but most of us keep all our animals in the one room with out too much trouble.
Though I have had to shuffle them around if a certain one is too close to another  ;)
Debbie.nl.ca

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 06:58:52 PM »

Chinchillas often like to be in the same room as people, it keeps them company and it's interesting for them as a lot of stuff is going on. And some of mine love to watch cartoons. rofl
Just be wary of visitors feeding them tit bits... :noway:

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 02:57:22 PM »

yeah, i'v got mine in my room at my parents house. I'm always in here.

wvdreamer69

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »

well they all have been happy being near each other, i did have to move them back upstairs, to much going on for them right now...our little girl was seeming stressed. On the other hand, one of our boys in in love with hannah montana :)

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 06:44:32 PM »

Ha, thats funny that he's in love with hannah montana.
Pages: [1]   Go Up