News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving  (Read 1307 times)

Crimson_Ham

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Moving
« on: August 25, 2010, 02:12:08 PM »

I have applied for a job in California (I currently live in Alaska)... Since I would need to move to accept this job I am trying to figure out how to bring my little furry bundles of love with me safely. Anyone that has needed to take their chins to a new place by plane? I can't bring them in cabin with me because I have too many kennels/cases I'd need to bring and they won't let me. I have 5 chins and a rabbit. The 5 chins can be in 3-5 cases depending... I don't know if it's safe to have the boys together if they're not where I can stop a fight. Also I don't know what kind of case is recommended for this. Help Please...

1newChinmom1

• View Profile
Re: Moving
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 07:11:01 AM »

Congratulations!?!?!? I am not ever going to encourage anyone to transport a pet in the cargo hold, I have lost two very precious little ones like that. But I will share with you that you CAN  purchase a ticket and put them in that seat. As long as you stack the carriers and lash them securely together, the airlines  look the other way. They just want the space used to be paid for.  ::nod:: I one carried FOUR puppy carriers with FIVE  pups like this from California to Texas. It was a handful, and I had help at both ends, but it worked. I actually had a collapsable luggage trolley that I stacked them on for loading and unloading.
With so many babies, it seems worth the price of a ticket and the time negotiating for the arrangement. Unless you would enjoy a nice long road trip?  :D

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know  ???

Courtney

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 08:35:01 AM »

^^ That is a great idea, I didn't know they would let you do that. That's what I would do.
Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks

Crimson_Ham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:02:11 AM »

So I can buy an extra ticket and since they all just need small carriers stack all 4 (2 boys in one 2 girls in another, the third boy in his own and the rabbit in his own) in one seat? as long as I strap them down? I had no idea that could be done I'd just read about one per adult and being the carry on (we have 2 adults and 3 kids so that idea flopped lol).

So if I do it this way, any recommendations for carriers?

1newChinmom1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 07:06:25 AM »

Just confirm beforehand with the airline. Make SURE you confirm beforehand with the airline!  ::nod::
Pages: [1]   Go Up