Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: oxbow critical care food, where to get it at  (Read 5243 times)

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
oxbow critical care food, where to get it at
« on: August 22, 2010, 11:59:53 PM »

I'm pretty sure that my petsmart doesn't carry it but i'm going to check tom. I can order it online from ebay but i think it would take a few days till it gets here.

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
Re: oxbow critical care food, where to get it at
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 08:29:19 PM »

i have it, i always have it on my site.. i also have the fine ground.. my link is below, just to go the the "everythign else" tab. i think its only like 8-9 and if that is all you are getting, going first class will only cost about 3 bucks
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 09:07:06 AM »

Which one is best to get? How many days does it take to ship it? I'd really like it in a day or 2. I'm hoping my little guy has surgery on his leg today. But still waiting to hear back from the vet if they get him in. I thought it was going to be done today. He is eating, but with a broken leg he can only eat the tiny pieces of hay that are in the bottem on the bag. I'm not sure if those have the same nutrual value as the normal pieces of hay. Do you think I need to buy it? He is going to have to stay isaluated for a while.

jmdebb

• View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 02:15:19 PM »

Which one is best to get? How many days does it take to ship it? I'd really like it in a day or 2. I'm hoping my little guy has surgery on his leg today. But still waiting to hear back from the vet if they get him in. I thought it was going to be done today. He is eating, but with a broken leg he can only eat the tiny pieces of hay that are in the bottem on the bag. I'm not sure if those have the same nutrual value as the normal pieces of hay. Do you think I need to buy it? He is going to have to stay isaluated for a while.

as for which is best, its just depends on what you like better to work with.. if that made sense...

depending on where you live, it could probably take up to 5 days. i live in upstate ny, albany area... so if you are close, probably just a day or two,, depending on how far over you are... a bit longer,.. we could always go priority mail, which will be 1 - 2 days, and will cost about $5.  just let me know.  if you do want it, actually, can you go to my site and get my email address and email me there - i hope that doesn't sound rude.. i'm very sorry, but i am going threw a rough patch and i do not come on the forum much lately. actually i think i just started coming back on three days ago...and if you write back, i don't want to miss it.   but i alwasy check the email for the website.. just tell me its you... i won't know you by your real name... lol..

jean
Your One Stop Chin Shop

Donna

• Appreciation points: 2
  • donnaburk@att.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 07:28:01 PM »

You can call Oxbow on the 800 number (go to Oxbow on line for the number) and when you talk to a person at Oxbow, you can have them ship it super fast delivery. I get stuff from them all the time. They are very good at getting it to your front door. Also, Oxbow now has prefered provider stores (pet stores that carry their products) and that store can order it even if they don't carry it. The fastest way would be to buy it from your vet, or another vet in your area.

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:18:47 PM »

In a pinch if you are waiting but need it now you can put the actual feed into a coffee grinder and make a dust to make the paste. I try to keep some critical care on hand at all times as you never know when you will need it. I store it in the freezer. I personally prefer the finer ground type as the thicker stuff clogs syringes
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 11:05:09 AM »

thanks. He's doing good with his reg food right now. So i don.t think i.ll need it.

jmdebb

• View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 10:04:22 AM »

You can call Oxbow on the 800 number (go to Oxbow on line for the number) and when you talk to a person at Oxbow, you can have them ship it super fast delivery. I get stuff from them all the time. They are very good at getting it to your front door. Also, Oxbow now has prefered provider stores (pet stores that carry their products) and that store can order it even if they don't carry it. The fastest way would be to buy it from your vet, or another vet in your area.

just curious.. how much do you pay for this stuff at stores?
Your One Stop Chin Shop

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 08:41:47 AM »

thats good to know. I hope i never need it though
Pages: [1]   Go Up