Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Houdini Chin...  (Read 2140 times)

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
Houdini Chin...
« on: July 21, 2010, 06:05:12 AM »

All I know is I didn't think there was a way a baby chin could get out of 1/2 x 1/2 mesh but well mine figured out a way this morning.  I found the hole where he got out and he spent some time in the corner where the mesh meets up and peeled it back.  This little guy was bound and determined to get out.  All is fixed and tightened up and back to normal.  I got a wake up this morning from my girlfriend running in and saying she herd something with the babies and him not there.  We found him right next to the cage under Daddys cage in the corner of the room.  Picked him up, kissed him and let mom do the scolding once he was back with her.  Did a check-over on him, no cuts or anything to worry about.  I cannot believe how flexible babies are to get out of the tiniest hole when they wanna.  You guys are right, they are little Houdini's.

1newChinmom1

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Houdini Chin...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 06:11:37 AM »

::nod:: I will never forget the one AM check I made of our little Fellow when he was only a few days old, he was on top of the cage! I spent the night wiring up every thing, weaving through all the openings, etc, only to find him trying to un-weave  it the next morning!  :2funny:
Fortunately our little Houdini never made it out again, although the Mother did manage to open the DOOR and let herself out once  ??? . I found her snuggled up, asleep, in a basket full of laundry! Now we use office clips on each corner of the door..no more escapees  ;)

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know  ::)

Crimson_Ham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 11:03:59 AM »

One of mine is still stuck in the kit cage because when he was weaned and given his own cage he escaped twice. And just the other night my sister in law didn't close the top on the kit cage all the way and he escaped again. He's determined to get out. He's been trying to chew through the mesh we put on the kit cage. The only cage he can't seem to get out of is his mum's but the problem there is he's old enough to make her pregnant...  :::((( funny thing is the bars on his cage are only about 1/8 an inch bigger than those on mum's cage.  Hopefully soon he will be big enough to not squeeze through the bars on his own cage.

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 11:10:19 AM »

ffynn was like that! his provisional name was skinny. i still can't work out how he managed to get into some places - i found him in the bin once - thankfully the only thing in the bin was fleece so he had a soft fall. little monkey!

Crimson_Ham

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 01:05:55 PM »

lol we thought Thor was big enough for his own cage since he was in there 2 or 3 days before he found a way out (not that I can find anywhere bigger than any other place for him to squeeze out at).
 I can't wait to get our house though, He whines most of the time he's awake because he misses Freya being his cage buddy... Even when I hold him, he spends the whole time trying to get to her and mum's cage. They are brother and sister so can't be caged together anymore. When we get our new place I'm going to try to get him a mosaic (or white if she has any but most of the chins she has now are mosaics) cage buddy from the breeder I got Dagda (my black velvet) from.
Pages: [1]   Go Up