Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: =( playpen on backorder...I'll have to go with the 2 ft now.  (Read 2629 times)

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile

I got a call...saying there was a problem with our playpen we ordered. That they didn't have any in stock. And that...unless we went with the 2 ft one. Which was the one my husband said to get. I just ended up having her order the 30 inch...just to be safe. But...looks like we'll be getting the 2 ft one after all. Which is the same height as the bed. So...as long as they don't jump over it and onto the bed. We'll be OK...So...we'll see. They said if it doesn't work. We can return it. So there is that option.  :)
~Darlene

cadillactaste

• View Profile
Re: =( playpen on backorder...I'll have to go with the 2 ft now.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »

I reckon they were loading the truck or getting the order ready when they learned of this issue. It still comes in tomorrow into the store where I'll pick it up. So at least I'll have it on time.  :::grins:: ::silly::
~Darlene

Courtney

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 05:06:07 AM »

Well let us know how it goes and if they can jump over it. They should have a blast in there.
Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks

cadillactaste

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »

Well let us know how it goes and if they can jump over it. They should have a blast in there.

Well my son wanted to use it as a playpen...and climbed in and sat down...I put them in...and Fluffy was fine in there with him. But...it has it's downfalls. And I'm not sure if we won't be sending it back. I'll open it up and use it as a fence as it shows. But...I'm thinking it's not going to work. Nibbles tried to stick his head through the bars! And since it's a dog pen...it has wider spaces...I freaked and grabbed him quickly and put him back in his cage. But...I'm thinking maybe if he's happy with running around the room. He won't attempt to go through it to get under the bed. Because it folds up amazingly! And has a handle and lock system on it so you can put it away without it opening up on you. I just wish the spaces on the thing was closer together.  :-\ 
~Darlene

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:28:56 AM »

Yes that is a problem.
Had a lady make a playpen out of chicken wire and one chin got her head stuck. She didn't make it.
I still think the best playpen is a wood frame with a 1/4 inch wire mesh. You can make it so all pieces can hook together,even the roof.
So you need 5 squares frames that can come apart and stand together out of the way when not in use.
Debbie.nl.ca

cadillactaste

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 02:17:25 PM »

Yes that is a problem.
Had a lady make a playpen out of chicken wire and one chin got her head stuck. She didn't make it.
I still think the best playpen is a wood frame with a 1/4 inch wire mesh. You can make it so all pieces can hook together,even the roof.
So you need 5 squares frames that can come apart and stand together out of the way when not in use.

I was thinking of sewing fleece to cover the pannels where the bars are. For the spacing where they meet is to small for him to even get his nose into. This way it closes down they never mess with their fleece hammock.
~Darlene

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 11:45:37 AM »

That should work  ;)

Though I'm starting to wonder about your Houdini  ;D
Debbie.nl.ca

cadillactaste

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 02:17:08 PM »

That should work  ;)

Though I'm starting to wonder about your Houdini  ;D

I'm glad you think so...For the fold down option is AMAZING! And it opens up to a 16 ft fence...Yet is only a 2x2 square less than 2 inches think when folded down for storage.

And he sure is something...all right.  ::) But he's actually enjoying being held now that he was injured. It's amazing...He'll bury his head into your shoulder. When before he never enjoyed being held.
~Darlene

cadillactaste

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 09:27:46 AM »

Well since the chins weren't left in the playpen due to Nibbles attempting to stick his head through the bars. I decided I was curious before I make those fleece covers for the bars. That I needed to make sure they wouldn't jump over them. So, I put it up as a fence. [This system is really nice as it is so compactable for storage] Anyways...I sat with Cole and left the chins out. With over half the room to run around. Nibbles didn't try to stick his nose through the bars. [BUT I still plan in doing the fleece covers for the rails] Because he learned to climb them! So we definately need the bars covered. As to the height. Fluffy almost jumped over it once. So...I called and having her check into a 36 inch tall one verses the 24 inch we currently have. We're allowed to exchange it since they sent us a 24 inch when they were out of the 30 inch. So upgrading was permitted from the start.  :)

Once the new set up arrives. June 3rd I think she said...Then I'll be able to get exact measurements and fix the fleece covers. I'm contemplating...using sew on velcro. To attach it and be able to remove for washings. With the panels only being 2 ft. wide I can fold it and place it between the wall and cage and it's out of the way as well when not in use. Or...under it maybe...Hm-mm never thought of that. That might be doable as well.

Over all I'm happy with my purchase. For it was meant to be used as the fence I wanted.
~Darlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up