Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: chinchilla cage help  (Read 6894 times)

phil

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
chinchilla cage help
« on: May 17, 2010, 04:58:27 AM »

hi i got my chinchilla yesterday and i want either build a cage or buy , the problem i have with buying one is that im in ireland and the only cage i could find are like rabbit cages stacked on top of each other , so there no good is there anyone from ireland or europe that could help me out with were to look ? if i cant find a cage im going to build one does anyone have any hints tips or pics of there homemade cages ?

RollinEK

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: chinchilla cage help
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 07:03:11 PM »

go to www.youtube.com and find videos from Nightwishraven. He has a lot of helpful videos on how to build Chinchilla and Degu cages. Im pretty sure I saw him wondering about around here in the forum as well. About 2 weeks ago, i built my first chin cage and think I did pretty good. I made my cage out of untreated pine. I dont know how much lumber is there, but my cage ended up costing around 225 USD. Its a lot bigger than anything that ive found that I could buy online. If you want too, send me a message and tell me what exactly you want to know, and ill do my best to answer you. And for those that said it before, the plastic wheel is gone, I have a new chinspin in there now ;) Best $55 i ever spent..... just cuz its quiet.
heres the cage I built:
Chinny Ranch Rescue
ChinnyRanchRescue@gmail.com
Serving the OKlahoma City Area.

Courtney

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 03:40:05 AM »

Here is a link to the cages I made. They were closets and we just cut out holes for different levels, it works great. It's very easy to clean because it's melamine shelving, the whole cage is melamine.

http://www.chinchillaclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,2640.0.html
Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 08:30:30 AM »

There are so many that make their own cages and we all do things a little different.
You start with what size you want, what materials you'd like to use, and where you will be putting it.
As long as it's chin safe your only limited by imagination.
If you search the club & web for homemade chinchilla cages you'll get loads of ideas. ::nod::
Debbie.nl.ca

phil

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 12:12:39 PM »

i made one but then i got a proper cage off a friend so its grand now .cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up