Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: OH SO FRUSTRATED  (Read 12816 times)

Chins To Love

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Serenity
    • View Profile
    • Chins To Love
OH SO FRUSTRATED
« on: August 16, 2006, 10:50:37 PM »

:flames: :flames: :flames:  Okay, first sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.............. if so, someone please move it where it needs to go.

Here I go...............please bear with me, and thank you for letting me vent.

Last year I had a woman wanting to get one of my chins,  she seemed okay.  She didn't want to pay what I normally charge for my kits, and I get that, some people don't want to pay for well bred kits, they just want a pet. I do get rescues occasionally, and when I do I place them in homes that want pets, and that are not wanting breeding or show quality stock.  Seems like all is great right? So when I got a rescue in I called her and let her adopt the female rescue. I was very clear that this was a pet only, not to be bred. And she was fine with this.  So today I get a call from her, and she informs me that she bought a male from the pet store, and now has two kits! WAIT IT GETS BETTER....................
She wants $150 for each kit and she would like to know if I could post their pics on my website and try to sell them for her. :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames:

I calmly told her that I could not help her, that my animals are backed by their pedigrees and I had told her not to breed the rescue. She has since called back, and asked me to at least give her phone # out to any one who might want one of her kits, because she really wants to get $150 for each of them.

Where do these people get their *****?????

Okay, I think I am better now. Thanks for listening everyone :-[

Julianne
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:48:26 PM by Chins To Love »
Julianne,  Proud ECBC member

Chins To Love
Fresno, CA
www.chinstolove.com

AlisonTM

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OH SO FRUSTRADED
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:46:16 AM »

Wow!  She has some nerve!  Which part of "don't breed her!" didn't she understand? :doh:  Unfortunately someone WILL pay $150 for chins w/o pedigrees.  Hopefully they won't breed them!

Alison

Misskitz

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 07:13:02 AM »

Wow! i would be so frustrated!  :flames:   That is not right at all.  :noway:  that gal has got steal nerves.  ???  if that was my chinnie i would demand her back.
"don't let nobody tell your life is over......be every color that you are!"

Summer

• 4everchins
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 09:19:59 AM »

:noway:  I would demand her back, She has some nerve to even think about a doing and asking that!What part about don't breed her did she not get!  :flames:  :flames:

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 09:44:13 AM »

::silly:: Hi Chins to Love,

I understand 100% how you are feeling ... I've had a similar situation happen, but I won't go into that.

She must not think much of the chinchillas (other than the $$$ signs).  But to have the audacity to ask you to put them on your site for sale (that would put your name on them, or at the least, your approval).  Oh boy, she does have what is only suppose to belong to men the gall.   ::)   
Not only trying to making money on a "give-me", but asking you to help slap yourself in the face?  ???   :noway:  That's the way I would take it.

To breed a chinchilla after knowing it should not be bred, there is no excuse.   >:(
Breeding without a background could be a rookie mistake ... but only if she had not been told not to do so, breeding and knowing, was not a mistake. 

You just have to watch out for people like that and hope you never run into another one.  This incident will probably make you be very wary of placing rescues now ... and they need loving homes, too.

Good luck, calming down, hope the venting helped.   :blush2:

::wave::
Jo Ann
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 09:46:55 AM by Jo Ann »
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Summer

• 4everchins
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 09:52:41 AM »

:'( I am sorry that this happened to you and those poor chins  :::(((

Leslie

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 10:18:14 AM »

Wow, what a scary story!  The scary thing is there are many people out there that don't understand that some chinchillas are breeders and other are just pets.  If she was planning on keeping the babies, it would be one thing.  If she wants to have chinchillas with increased risk of health problems, that's up to her.  In human society, imperfect people breed imprerfect babies all the time (  :-[ )...but they plan to raise them themselves!  But to think she has the right to sell them to some unsuspecting victirm....

It's almost like you should have a waiver or contract when you sell a chin that should not breed.  It could say something like "in the event that I choose to breed this animal, the seller has full rights to take the animal back from me".

My chinchilla is from a pet store and he fur bites...I have to wonder if his mom was even supposed to be breeding!

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 04:37:50 PM »

It always amazes me what people must be thinking, then I guess they are not.
 ::shrug::
Debbie.nl.ca

tinabeana

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: OH SO FRUSTRATED
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 09:41:15 AM »

Oh man, I'm so sorry that really stinks.

My friend was telling me her mom had one chinchilla, a standard grey who's parents were elemetary school classroom pets. Then she got another from a pet store and two more from the penny saver (it's sort of like a newpaper ad) and decided she's going to breed them. My friend says one female is already pregnant...

It's things like that, that make me kind of crazy. Part of me is glad I don't know her personally, but another part of me just wishes I can ask her what the heck she's thinking.

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 11:13:07 AM »

::silly::Many people buy the pets first and do the research later ...  :flames:

Until it is commonly known that chinchillas do have pedigrees and guidelines in breeding them, stuff like this is going to continue.  :::(((

Even when people do know, there will always be those who will think or say: "Who wants a pedigree chin, give me a mutt chin any day."  And will think they are getting a bargin because they do not have to pay as much." ???

The general public doesn't even know what a chin is, let alone how to properly care for them (most of the pet stores don't either).   :(

I just had an e-mail from a lady that purchased two male chins ... one did a 'sex change' on her and delivered two kits today.  rofl 

::wave::
Jo Ann
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 11:18:09 AM by Jo Ann »
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Asikovsek

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
    • Oil Creek Chins
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 09:37:45 PM »

::silly::...that is definitely crazy.....I think that people need to realize that Chins are considered exotic animals....they need to understand they are not just standard pets and are a lot more sensitive...it frustrates me to see any animal regardless go into a home that is not prepared to care for them. When I got my first chin I read constantly before bringing him home and spoke with the breeder about proper care...chins are like babies...they require a lot!!!!....and maybe if people like us who know others who have chins or want chins stand up and emphasize the fact that chins are indeed exotic animals...maybe people will realize that you need to think twice before taking any animal into your home especially an exotic one.....but the whole contract thing is a really good idea.... ;)

Chins To Love

• Serenity
    • View Profile
    • Chins To Love
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 06:39:54 PM »

Thanks everyone, I feel so much better after venting and getting all of your support.  Well I have had two more phone calls asking if I have found anyone wanting to buy her kits.  I explained once (well twice) again that I will not help her sell these kits. I offered to take them in as rescues, and try to re-home them if she couldn't keep them, but (not too suprising she doesn't want them re-homed she wants the $150 for them.
I don't want to be rude, but I honestly don't know what I am going to tell her if she calls again.  How would you guys deal with her???? ::shrug::

Chins To Love
Fresno, CA
www.chinstolove.com

Summer

• 4everchins
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 06:56:29 PM »

What She still keeps calling!  :flames:  On one hand you don't want to encourage her by selling the kits for her, But on the other hand you don't want the kits to go to a bad home. What do you do?  :doh:  I say you go with what your gut Say's, But that can't allways happen. What happens when  you sell the kits for her and then she doe's this again? Then what? I wish I knew what to do.

Chins To Love

• Serenity
    • View Profile
    • Chins To Love
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 07:52:05 PM »

Yes she is still calling, I guess she thinks I will eventually give in.  I would be more than happy to take them in as rescues, ( I always have a friend or two that love my chins and would love raising them). But she doesn't want to just give them away....she wants the money! :flames:
I guess I will have to look at this as "LESSON LEARNED", and only give rescues away to people I really know and trust that they are only wanting them as pets.

P.S. I'm going to try and get pics of your babies and send them to you tomorrow :::grins::

Chins To Love
Fresno, CA
www.chinstolove.com

Summer

• 4everchins
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 09:42:50 PM »

Ya that is a tough one to learn.  :::(((  That is just wrong. I am glad I did not to have go though that with My puppies and goats. Stick to what you told her, hopefully she will get the hint and Keep telling her not breed her!  :noway: I can't wait to see them!! I show every one the pics, that will look at them. I am driving My Husband nuts.  :D
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up