Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Real life ghost stories...Anyone have one to share??  (Read 7774 times)

cusunfireguy

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
Real life ghost stories...Anyone have one to share??
« on: January 30, 2010, 07:59:40 AM »

Note from ChinClub::  This topic was split from another thread since it became such an interesting topic.  Because it was split some comments were left behind which is why the first few posts read weird.

Alot of people won't belive this one but here goes:  When we had our old apartment in Denver (built in the 40's) we had a ghost that visited our apartment very often.  There were numerous times I would hear my Chinchilla's barking and go in to see what was up and the ghost would be standing in front of their cage.  Our "haunting" started shortly after a 90 year old lady that lived in the building died.  She had lived there for like 40 years and was a huge animal lover.  She often visited tenants in the building that had pets.  She seemed to really like the chinchilla's and would appear in front of their cage alot.  And ofcourse, when she did, the chinchilla's would start barking like crazy.  Like I said, alot of people won't believe it but yes it happened.  Even my partner, who is a big burly guy, would freak.  We even had people move cause it freaked them out.  LOL, can't say it really bothered me that much except for it catching me off guard.

Steven
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 04:48:31 PM by chinclub »
Steven Mobley<br /><br />\"Free Schapelle Corby\"!

cusunfireguy

• View Profile
Re: Bark! Bark! Bark!.....Bark! Bark! Bark!.....Bark! Bark! Bark!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:12:02 PM »

Oh, I really didn't mind it.  It just really caught me and others off guard sometimes you know?  Like, she would just be standing in the corner of the hallway, or pull on the back of your shirt.  She really liked to hide things and let you search for it for awhile and just when you give up, what you are looking for would be sitting in front of your door.  Really weird stuff like that.  But you know, other people in the building didn't care for it to much.  We always warned people when they were looking at the apartment and I guess they didn't believe us then they move in and soon after want to leave.  Hello!  I told you!  The one thing I didn't like was when I was really tired and wanted to take a nap as soon as I would lay down, she would just start chatting away in the next room.  Drove me nuts!  It was all good though.  This was far from my first time.  My parents house was pretty good and haunted growing up.

Steven

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »

Steve...I've stories as well...And I'm sure one will be stretched way out of character as to what happened as my son grows up and has children of his own. For...I've many of "ghost" stories that I myself have had occur personally or from a close family member. So...When I tell stories...It's not "Once upon a time" but...When I was small ______ Or "My Aunt Shirley _______ and continued on with the story. To the point...my niece and nephew begged to visit a few cemeteries two summers ago. Weird and bizarre things occurred. To the point...I actually "forgot" I was with children. :blush2: And headed to the Jeep in a mad dash out of the cemetery. Only to stop short of the jeep and look over my shoulder to see the kids...well all but my youngest right behind me. So I sat my son down and explained..."When momma runs from a cemetery YOU run too!" We did go back again to the cemetery we were "chased" out of...to only be chased out again. This time my youngest ran right out of his shoes. I actually contemplated..."Where he shoes that important"...I did end up going in by myself to retrieve the shoes. But the kids locked the doors of the Jeep. Like it would keep them out.

My husband says...that when we have grandkids...the story will go as such: When were were little mom took us to a cemetery. To only to have a ghost show their unhappiness of us being there. To the point mom ran faster than us...got into the jeep and left with us only seeing the dust behind her. [I never left them there but the story could change to the point where I had]  ::)

We have the "Ghost bed" where it tried to strangle my grandpa until my grandma "talked" with the ghost and after the talk...he was left alone. It's a longer story but I'm just giving you the short version.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 04:49:29 PM by chinclub »
~Darlene

cusunfireguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 04:23:56 PM »

::scaredspeachless::

So anyway, I had been having some issues with my liver function and my doctor was really coming down on me to exercise.  At the time, I was living in Denver and found a great place called Cheeseman Park that had a jogging loop around the parimeter that was exactly 1 mile.  So, the exercise began and I was up to 3 or more miles 5 days a week.  One day, not to be gross, I had a bathroom attack coming on pretty strong and the bathroom was on the other side of the park from me.  I decided I couldn't wait and started out across the center of the park.  It's a beautiful green space area that I had never been in before.  I went to the rest room and decided I would call it a day and went home.  I decided that I was going to take a nap as I wasn't feeling very well.  I woke up like 45 minutes later and couldn't move.  It felt as if someone was sitting on me when there wasn't anyone there.  Just as I started to freak, I heard a rather loud whisper in my ear "how dare you walk on me" and this whole scenario continued for almost 5 minutes.  I am ofcourse screaming my head off and finally one of my friends that lived in the building heard me and came in.  As soon as she walked into the room, everything stopped and I was able to get up.  Super freaky right?  I didn't know what to make of it.  I was pretty scared and didn't know if it would happen again.  My thoughts kept going back to the whisper in my ear so I decided to do some research.  I found some pretty interesting stuff online and most of it was about the park being haunted and how it used to be this huge cemetary there and they consolidated all the graves into mass graves where that green area is quite a long time ago.  I had no idea!  I never went back to the park and had no incidents like that again.  If you would like to read the story, I posted the link below. Oh, and sorry!  This thread shot way off in another direction!  Thanks for moving it!

Steven
http://www.prairieghosts.com/cheesman.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:56:41 PM by cusunfireguy »

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: Real life ghost stories...Anyone have one to share??
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 07:43:10 AM »

Wow, that is freaky!!!

Oh, and sorry!  This thread shot way off in another direction!  Thanks for moving it!

No worries, its fun to see where things go.  I just thought it would be fun to start a new thread since their seemed to be so much interest.  With this new title more people can see the conversation and join in.  :)

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 07:55:29 AM »

When my hubby and I got married we lived in a very old house in Murrels Inlet, SC.  The house was so old it had no a/c, the walls and ceilings were tongue and groove wood.  All of the doors were the old plank kind where several boards were lined up to cover the opening and two boards were nailed across to hold them together (like you see on old barns).  The bathroom still had the old clawfoot tub.  On the bedroom door was a written history of who was born and who died in the house going back over a century. 
The house had a neat design.  There was one large square hallway in the center of the house and every room went off of that center room.
The bathroom door had a mirror on the outside of it that faced this hallway.  No mater what time of day or night you would always get chills in that hallway.  Many times when you would open the bathroom door, as it pushed open you would catch a glimpse of the kitchen door behind you in the mirror.  There would be a woman standing there dressing a gray period dress.  When you looked over your shoulder there would be nothing there.  Also, many times when you go to walk through a door that was open it would slam just before you could walk through it.

I was never comfortable in that house alone.  When we moved out in 1997 my brother-in-law and his new wife moved in.  We had never told them what we saw because they wouldn't have believed us.  One night my hubby and his brother were talking and he asked if we had ever noticed anything weird in the house.  Turns out they had the same things happen to them.

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

cusunfireguy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 08:15:39 AM »

I hate the mirror thing!  That's one of the things I never really liked.  We had that happen to alot of people that lived in our old apartment building.  It's unfortunate, but I would consider my self a "sensitive" when it comes to ghosts.  They tend to follow me around and some sort of activity seems to pop up around me.  Thank goodness that I'm not the only one that sees it and stuff.  My partner and friends will see them too.  If it was just me, I might second guess myself.  I'm not psychic or anything, no communtication.  As I said before, our home growing up had ghosts and still does to this day.  I asked my Mom once when I was about 10 years old why we had ghosts.  She told me that the house I was born in was built on top of an old Indian burial ground and that ever since they lived there, they have always had ghosts around.  Maybe being born there made me sensitive?  Don't know but no matter where I go, they tend to show up.  Nothing has happened in our new place in Charlotte yet.  Nice to get a break!  As I said above, I'm not psychic or anything but I do have very vivid dreams that come true all the time.  I dreamed of my parents car crash about 2 weeks before it happened.  The other thing that happens to me alot is the when I'm just about to fall totally asleep, it feels as if the essence of me falls out of my body and then pops back in with a "snap".  It literally makes my entire body jerk when it pops back in.  It's a bizzare feeling and had me concearned enough to do a 1 week sleep study where I was connected to a machine monitoring my body for the entire time.  I had several of those "falling" episodes and nothing ever turned up, not even with MRI's and tons of tests.  Kinda gotten used to it now.

I know I know, I'm just weird!!!  LOL  That's what makes me special!

Steven

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »

See I would love to have an experience like that  ::nod::
Like most I have had a few strange things happen involving family whom have passed.
Just a couple of years ago, as we were in the tangle of selling off and down sizing. Hubby & I were right into it,what were we going to do!!!!!!!!! I was miss logical, and he just wanted to work, but couldn't.
Guess I was giving him the " it's not the end of the world" speech, and your "health is more important" one too. When I felt a hand on my shoulder giving me a squeeze. I knew in my heart it was his mother.
 ::angel2::

We got through it.
       ::wub::
Debbie.nl.ca

kneesaa

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 03:31:24 PM »

This is cool, our house has something also. Our house is over a hundred years old and we can sometimes smell cigar smoke ::shrug::. We have smelled it in our bedrooms, the living room and out in the alpaca barn. We have never seen anything ::scaredspeachless:: but we have sure smelled it. Shannon
Quyana Shannon Seager

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 03:25:46 PM »

::silly::  I've seen a few myself.  But, I'll recall one my mom and nephew were involved in at one house mom owned.

Mom would keep feeling the cover slide off of her to the foot of the bed ... this happened on several occasions ... some in the middle of the night and others right after going to bed.  When she would ignore it, the ghost would lift the foot of the bed up and down several times. 

One day, my nephew, 4 years old at the time, came to the kitchen and ask my mom "Where did that man go?"  Of course mom thought someone was in the house, but there was no one there except her and Randy.  She ask him, "What man?"  He replied, "He was watching me play."  Mom dismissed it as a vivid imagination and did not mention it again ... until ... two weeks later they were looking at family pictures and Randy pointed to a man in one of the pictures and said, "That's the man that was watching me, Granny."  He was pointing to a picture of my father, who died in 1965 ... 7 years earlier.  Mom then knew who had been pulling the cover off of her also.    :)

::wave::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Squirrel_Butt

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »

I have one.  I was in the 4th grade I think.  I got up one night to use the bathroom. I looked down the stairs towards the front door and I saw this odd glow coming throught the window. Idk what it was but It scared the crap out of me. I ran back into bed pulled the covers over my head.  An uncle died prior to that, but I don't know if it was him, as I definitely did not stop to ask teh thing. I never saw it after that though.

Some more recent ones are of departed chins. After I lost my first chin, I woukd have dreams of him.  I lost another chin this July.  This time I was awake. I closed my eyes to go to sleep, and BAM!  I get an image of her clear as day. Like someone burnt an image of her in my brain.  I was definitely awake and it was definitely her.
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde

Elle2005

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
  • First-time Chinchilla owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »

I've had lots of paranormal experiences when I was living in my parents house, well in both houses that I lived in with them (we moved house when I was 4). Mum used to come and check on me at night before she went to bed, at the old house, and used to find a blurred figure watching over me. She never thought it was an issue and it has never become one, more like a guardian angel/not threatening. So this continued to the new house aswell. Bottles used to move across the porch of their own accord, etc.
There were many times when I had friends come to stay the night and we would hear running from the upstairs hallway and coming down the stairs, opening the door to the living room where we were and there would be nothing there.
Their house was built over an old hall that was used in WW2, so I guess there must be something in the land? Odd. They still have occurences since I moved out, but not as much, more just the running sound from the landing.

Squirrel_Butt

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 10:55:13 PM »

Elle that sounds quite interesting. None of my encounters were like that.
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde
Pages: [1]   Go Up