Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Chinchilla Fix"...  (Read 2208 times)

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
"Chinchilla Fix"...
« on: January 22, 2010, 06:23:44 PM »

I'm forever telling my sons...I need a "kid fix" which means I need a hug...Or I'll say "Cole fix"...means the same thing. So with that said:

The other day...my son had a bad day at school...He's working on his Lego Death Star and had extra homework due to his falling on the stairs and hurting his hand at school. And so his writing was slower...Which caused him to have "NO" decent time to work on his lego Death Star when he got home.

So it was warm out that day...so I let him walk from the mailboxes [We live in a private lake association] home after picking him up from the bus stop. Fresh air does a body good I always say...He walked into the house...dropping his coat in the foyer...and headed straight to his bedroom...Where I caught him with his head inside the chinchilla cage and Fluffy nuzzlin' his face.

He turned and looked at me and said..."Aaaaaaaaaaaah...A Chinchilla Fix momma, just what I needed"...

He then walked out of his room with a smile on his face to make a dent in that homework he brought home.

Some days...don't we all need a "Chinchilla Fix"...
~Darlene

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: "Chinchilla Fix"...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 06:52:46 PM »

That is so sweet!  I know exactly what he meant.  Its amazing how much better you feel after a minute with the chins.  ::wub::

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

cadillactaste

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »

:)
~Darlene

cusunfireguy

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 08:31:20 PM »

I was having my chin fix tonight until my Buster figured out how to get thru the screen on the fireplace.  Thank goodness there wasn't a fire lit tonight!  My partner is at work so I was keeping an eye on my girl Juno, she has been getting under the couch, and cleaning their cage at the same time.  Not easy when you have Mom, Dad, and 3 babies by yourself!  Anyway, as soon as I saw him, I ran over to shoo him out.  He was having a good old time in the ashes getting dirty.  What a mess he is!!  So, got him out, gave him his dust bath and he seems to be doing just fine.

Way to ruin my chin fix Buster!!  Now that he knows the secret, I guess I will have to go out and get one of those fireplace sheilds.  Little smarty pants!  I guess I can laugh about it now but jeez my heart dropped!

Steven :2funny:
Steven Mobley<br /><br />\"Free Schapelle Corby\"!

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 08:37:34 PM »

Oh yeah, ashes from fireplace / dust bath...I can see the chin's confusion.  rofl

My favorite is when they are out playing and suddenly sniff the floor and start rolling.  Uhm..I guess I missed a spot on cleaning day!  :-\
 :D

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »

::silly::   Priceless!  Out of the mouths of babes come so many truths.

My Great Dane, Lady, has to get her chinchilla kisses ("chinchilla fix") before we go to bed each night ... she sticks her nose up to each cage door (inside the cage on some) and gets good night chinnie kisses before she goes to bed ... trading a big Great Dane kiss in return.   :::grins::

::phhhhhhth::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 10:12:14 AM »

aww how sweet cadillactaste , yes I hear him too. That's why they call us addicts.  rofl

Aww Jo Ann, one swipe from Lady's tongue and the chins get a wash  ;D
Debbie.nl.ca

cadillactaste

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 11:56:26 AM »

::silly::   Priceless!  Out of the mouths of babes come so many truths.

My Great Dane, Lady, has to get her chinchilla kisses ("chinchilla fix") before we go to bed each night ... she sticks her nose up to each cage door (inside the cage on some) and gets good night chinnie kisses before she goes to bed ... trading a big Great Dane kiss in return.   :::grins::

::phhhhhhth::  Jo Ann

Our bulldog Tank gets kisses too! He'll sit patiently with his face next to the cage...as they come and touch noses and such. Really cute, I recall hearing that your Dane wasn't aggressive so I finally allowed the dogs into the chin room under supervision... Though...the chins for some reason do not like Sarge our other bulldog and will make a noise at him. We've taught him that he's not allowed in their room so they won't get stressed out. But Tank visits the chins often. You'll catch him sleeping by their cage as well...Tank that is.
~Darlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up