Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silver passed away last week...  (Read 3349 times)

shadowborne

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Silver passed away last week...
« on: July 05, 2009, 01:25:28 AM »

I am posting to inform Silver, the chinchilla in my profile pic, passed away at 1:30 PM on thursday, July 2nd, 2009 due to heart failure after a difficult surgery and a fever over 2 days. She developed (and this is best I can remember, I still am having issues looking at her paperwork, Pyometra. After surgery she spiked a 105 fever for a bit, she didn't tell us exactly how long, and the doctor was concerned the day before. We went up there and she looked sick and not feeling well and wasn't moving around much but was cudling up to us some after the doc pulled her out. The next morning we got a call that she seemed a bit more aware, her fever was down and controlled, and that she just seemed more lifelike but when they pulled her out at around 1:00 to 1:15 her heart just stopped. They tried to restart it for over 15 minutes but found they could not and called home at 1:30 to let us know.

I am posting this as a way to say good bye to her as I was not able to really do it. This is so hard to do and I am having trouble seeing the monitor through the tears.  ::cry222:::

We loved her so much and miss her greatly. She brought joy and fun into our lives and was the nicest most well behaved chinchilla we have ever seen. My parents and I are having her cremated and put into a little urn to keep and preserve her memories for us. Our other Chinchilla, Amy, is going through noticeable depression but she seems to still be eating and doing everything normal, just not really wanting to be messed with.

I hope that she is giving God a few laughs and being entertaining and soothing for people in the afterlife like she did here for all.

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
Re: Silver passed away last week...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 06:03:38 PM »

I am sorry for your loss
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 06:12:35 AM »

:)  Silver is in chinnie heaven, playing with all the chins that went before her ... my Mocha is one of them.  I cried for 3 days when we lost her, it still brings tears to my eyes when I talk about her death.  Just keep in mind that she is in pain no more and will never be sick again.  There the 'free play time' (out of the cage) is all the time.  Everyone gets along in heaven.

The best thing for Amy is lots of love and attention ... but with you playing and laughing with her, not crying ... chinchillas are very sensitive to your feelings/moods ... she should not be allowed to get overly depressed.  As long as she continues to eat, drink and poop normally she should be OK, but if there is a change in any of the three, you will have to make sure you pull her out of it.  My Mocha died after the foster kit she was caring for for 5 months, died of a prolapsed intestines into the uterus (she was a preemie).  Mocha just quit eating and drinking and gave up.  Even though the kit was not her own, she had taken care of her as if it were her own.  An autopsy of Mocha showed no illness, she just gave up.

:hugs:  Jo Ann

There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Petco Chinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • My Baby, Fluff Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 08:01:09 AM »

I am so sorry. ::cry222::: Sometimes it is just not fair! :'(
God Bless Chinchillas!

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 08:52:12 AM »

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I know she is adding her touch to Rainbow Bridge.
Debbie.nl.ca

baya

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 11:27:01 PM »

Im very srry bout sliver ::cry222::: ,but um my chin died today  ::cry222::: :'(i need to no should i get another chin or not :-\.what would be the best thing to do.

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 11:29:12 AM »

::silly::  Baya, that's something none of us could decide for you ... you have to make that decision.  I know I could not go without a chin ... they tend to make a very special part in your heart that nothing else can fill.

But ... if you do decide to get another one ... make sure you sterilize the cage and everything in it before bringing in another chin to live in it.  If it (like a leaping ledge that is made of wood) can not be sterilized, dispose of it.  Better safe than sorry.

What caused your little one to pass away?

:hugs:  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed
Pages: [1]   Go Up