Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a question  (Read 3826 times)

tudiebug

• Appreciation points: 0
  • Just Chin Chillin'
    • View Profile
I have a question
« on: May 27, 2009, 12:51:16 PM »

do you need a breeders license to breed chinchillas?
** ( \ _ / ) **
 * (= ' . ' =) *
 * (*) _ (*) * A ZOO IN THE ATTIC CHINCHILLAS

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
Re: I have a question
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:00:56 PM »

You do not need a liscence unless selling wholesale...I do wish you did though there are a lot of people out there breeding that should not be.
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

tudiebug

• Appreciation points: 0
  • Just Chin Chillin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 01:07:18 PM »

i agree now selling wholesale is products correct? i do not breed anymore i felt as though i wasn't really fit for it yet maybe later down the road when i'm more knowlegable the only reason i am asking this question is because i have three chins and i was rehoming them for free but selling their cage for 200 so they were a packaged deal the lady never came to get them so i decided to keep them she then e-mailed me wanting them again and i told her that i had decided to keep them and i was sorry for the inconveince now she is trying to sue me for not having a breeding license and because i won't sell them to her it is a big mess so that is why i asked the question thank you so much for replying.
** ( \ _ / ) **
 * (= ' . ' =) *
 * (*) _ (*) * A ZOO IN THE ATTIC CHINCHILLAS

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 07:17:21 AM »

::silly::  There are different ordinances in different states, even in different cities.  I would check out the one in your area to see what the rules are.   

Hey, I thought we lived in a free country and had the right to refuse to sell to anyone we did not want to sell to. 

{We're women ... aren't we suppose to be able to change our minds?    :D

The chinchillas are yours and if she has not given you a down payment, I do not see how she can bring you up on any charges.  You were selling her the cage and going to give her the chinchillas.

It's this kind of stuff breeders have to put up with ... this is why you need a contract when selling your chinchillas ... that way everyone has the right to blackout during a specific time frame and/or has some legal recourse if a problem arises.

I was allowing my chins to be adopted without a contract for over a decade without the first problem ... until ... I ran into problems with two different people (within a 3 month period) ... now I am in a legal battle with one and will be with the other as soon as I finish with the first one.  But, I am the one that is bringing the charges in both instances.

If you were to have problems with the town or city you live in because you are breeding chinchillas, I would check the ordinances with the town ... IF they say you can not breed, usually if you just stop breeding they will go along with it and stop at that point.  If not, then they will have to prosecute ever fish owner, gerbil/hamster/cat and dog owner that contributes to the animal population in your area.  Not likely would they be willing to do that.

As far as this woman, I don't think she has a leg to stand on ... has an attorney contacted you?  Or is she just threatening to sue you?

::wave::  Jo Ann
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 10:07:03 AM by Jo Ann »
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 09:32:57 AM »

No selling whole sale would be going to a petstore and selling the chinchillas to them. Private sales are just that, private. You do have a right to refuse sales. My bet is she is trying to scare you into it. A lot of people will threaten lawsuit. I had one once threaten when I said a certain chinchilla in my breeding herd wasn't for sale. I promptly kicked her out of my house and said try it. Then I informed her if she ever put foot on my property again I would get her for tresspassing. People think the word lawsuit will bully others into their way. Most lawsuits don't go anywhere.  If you have a website or anything it is best to state that on there. My website says I have the right to refuse or cancel sales for any reason.
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up