Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Volley  (Read 5237 times)

Volley

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • ScunCo Media
RIP Volley
« on: May 06, 2009, 07:48:41 PM »

I know I'm new here but I figure I should honor Volleys passing regardless.

Volley was born in August 2001 and died May 5th - 2009. He was my black velvet little man. He was always a source of comfort any time I had a bad breakup in highschool or when work just seemed to get overwhelming during college. He'd always be my cheer chinny when it came to job hunting and starting my career. It was difficult to choose to have him put to sleep today. He started losing weight very rapidly over the past 4 months or so and I learned it was because his liver was failing. His blood pressure dropped so low that doctors couldn't even get a sample from him.

He had a nice little funeral in the back yard where he was buried in his nice little home made coffin curtosey of dad. And we left him with one of his favourtie stuffed buddies and the towel we used whenever he had to see the doctors. I'll admit, I'm still very upset that he is gone. But I'm glad he isn't suffering anymore. I'm going to miss him so much... He  lives on in my memory though. And I have his favourtie stuffed buddy next to my favourtie teddy when I was a kid. They are strangely similar in looks because we seem to destroy our stuffed animals in a similar manner.

RIP Volley aka Mr Fluffy Bum. I miss you!

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: RIP Volley
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:14:21 AM »

|hugs|
I believe there is a heaven for humans and a chinnie heaven, too ... I just hope they are one in the same.   I think each of us has a special chin we have lost, regardless of how many chinchillas we have or have had.   Mine is Mocha ... I lost her several years ago.  She was so special in so many ways ... they all are, in their own ways.  Sometimes I think of her and can smile and feel good all over ... other times, as now, I try to talk about her, I can not find my voice and cry because I miss her so. 

Mocha was, is and will always be ... 'my little funny face'.  I think she was there to greet Volley yesterday and they are playing together ... never to know pain or illness again.

Her picture is below.

Please post a picture of your Volley ...

::wave::  Jo Ann

There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Donna

• Appreciation points: 2
  • donnaburk@att.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 05:09:46 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about Volley, but think about all the good years of love that you gave him. I am sure that he is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge as she has great love for you too. Jo Ann is right that we all have that "one special" chin in our life even thought we love all of our chins in a special way. My special chin was Billy, and you can read the poem that I wrote about his passing under the memorial section. Go down from Volley's memorial posting to "Chinchilla in a Locket" and read that. Billy and my picture are used on the chinchilla club's signature photo. I am holding Billy in my hands by my face, now I hold him in my heart. I am sure that you will hold Volley in your heart until you met again.
                                         Donna

Volley

• View Profile
    • ScunCo Media
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 08:44:01 AM »

Thank you so much for your kind words. Even for someone so new to the boards. I'm sure mocha, billy and volley are all cuddling up in chinny heaven together :) He never was one for playing too much, he just loved to cuddle with his stuffed animals and his mum. :) I have a picture of him attached thanks to my sisters wonderful photography skills and her big fancy camera.
I'm on my way to read Chinchilla in a locket. I envy your ability to write poetry, I was never good at it. Should I find some free time though, I just might be able to make a little animated avatar of volley.
On a side note, back in college I immortalized Volley in my third year project titled "Chinzilla." It was a nickname we gave him back when he was a real BIG boy.
Feel free to watch it here: http://scundari.ca/2danimation.html It's the only video in color. Yeah the little girl was supposed to be me as a child. Heheh. Though it's the little girl across the street doing my voice acting for her. Keep in mind that you won't be able to see it without the latest and greatest Quicktime plugin. (Darn macs anyway)
Thank you again for your kind words. Volley sure will be missed. He has 2 memorials on flickr through my sister and my mom, and dad sent out a mass email memorial to all of the family.

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 11:32:15 AM »

::silly::  Volley is such a handsome chin!  I love the black velvets! 

The animated cartoon was so cute!  Thanks for sharing ...

::wave::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 03:57:29 PM »

:'( ::cry222::: I'm so sorry for your loss...
Here's a link to a site you can leave a memorial for your Volley...and has the beautiful poem of Rainbow Bridge that will forever bring a tear to my eye when reading it.
http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
~Darlene

Volley

• View Profile
    • ScunCo Media
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 05:09:59 PM »

I think I will make a memorial for him on rainbowsbridge. I just cannot afford it right now. I saved all the stuff I'd like to write on there to a word document until I have some spare cash. Unfortunately his trips to the doctor at the end drained my bank account. :( I'm going out to the lady who I used to get art lessons from to do a little gravestone for him where we had buried him. It will have to do for now but I think that would be nice for him to have an online memorial for people to sign and remember him. It's an excellent idea. and the cost all goes to a good cause.

Thank you so much everyone. For the condolences, and the great advice.

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 05:30:44 PM »

Oh...well I didn't realise there was a cost to it... :-\...I just am familar with their poem...The poem is beautiful...and really helped us get through the loss of our Collie...My kids really grasp the concept and was able to grasp comfort from it.

~Darlene

Volley

• View Profile
    • ScunCo Media
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 07:34:51 PM »

Sadly, Yeah. The poem was beautiful though. I'm doing much, much better now that some time has passed. Haze provides me with some comfort though he will never be able to replace Volley.

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 08:57:30 AM »

:hugs:
Debbie.nl.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up