Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: types of cages  (Read 2558 times)

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
types of cages
« on: May 02, 2009, 06:04:10 PM »

So my dad sujected that they get me a new cage for my chins for my birthday. I told him that there were expensive. I was refering to the qualitycage.com website.  I know my parents won't spend that much money on a cage. There is a picture of my cage I have in my album. My dad thought I could get another cage to attach to the one I have. I also was wondering if I could get a farret cage and then just put in wood shelves and my saucer? Are farret cages sturdy cause my saucer is heavey, its bent the wire on my cage a bit.

My dad wanted to get them a dog cage, i guess to attached to mine. I told him you can't do that.

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
Re: types of cages
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 04:12:30 PM »

The spaces on a dog cage is by far wider than a ferret cage...they would not be able to be contained...I have two dog crates for our bulldogs...just no way that would work...

I have heard where ones connect cages...that "is" doable...believe it or not...By ferret cage what are you thinking? And have you tried craigslist? It might not be new to you...but it could be an upgraded size...?...

I got my Ferret Nation for $75 off of craigslist with owners reciept it was less than 3 yrs. old...Though I bought Bass Equipment trays...at different times so I ate shipping costs...I wasn't sure if the chinchillas would get along...so I ordered one full tray...So I could seperate them in the ferret nation cage...They got along...so I later ordered the other tray that has the access cut out. $73 I have in them...a total of $148 in my cage...without adding the extra stuff I purchased.

But...it's a thought...they sell chinchilla and ferret cages on craigslist...some ferret cages remind me of the chinchilla cages that are sold on qualitycage.com...but I would say it couldn't hurt to look. But since it sounds as if you still live at home. [could be wrong] if your a minor...you'll want to have your parents contact the seller of anything you would happen upon on craigslist. ;)
~Darlene

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 07:57:51 AM »

::silly::  You might want to check out Martin's Cages at:  http://www.martinscages.com/products/cages/chinchilla/  They are very well made and reasonably priced.  If you use the 'drop down' feature, it will give you the price for a pull out tray as appose to the drop in trays.  I prefer the pull-out trays, they are easier to clean and safer for your chin.   :)

::wave::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »

Yeah, those are priced better but I think in order to get a bigger cage on that website i'd have to spend over $100.

I will check craigslist. I do live with my parents for now, but i'll be 24 this Sunday. In less than 2 months i'll be living with my boyfriend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up