Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is it wrong?  (Read 3411 times)

tudiebug

• Appreciation points: 0
  • Just Chin Chillin'
    • View Profile
is it wrong?
« on: October 27, 2008, 06:46:48 PM »

i sold one of my female chins to a very nice lady that lives a little bit away from us well she called about two weeks after she bought her and said she died because her dog got her my question is do you think its wrong for me to turn her away when she wants to buy another one i just don't feel comfortable about the situation :-\
** ( \ _ / ) **
 * (= ' . ' =) *
 * (*) _ (*) * A ZOO IN THE ATTIC CHINCHILLAS

sashasmommy

• View Profile
Re: is it wrong?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:24:14 PM »

unless she has gotten rid of the dog, i wouldnt replace it for her.  one of my dogs got one of my chins and i removed the dog from the household bc of the other chins.
5 Chinnies- Sasha, Star, Stevie, Stuart, Baby
1 Dog- Sierra
1 Hampster- Lightning
2 Kids- Lauryn, Ashton

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 10:00:43 AM »

I have lost 2 chinchillas to dogs over the 11 years  have had chinchilla, both completely my fault for being too lax. I still regret and blame myself for both....But I would never get rid of the dog. She is not agressive towards the chinchillas I just kepe them separate.....

now that being said. They are your animals you should not sell to anyone you are not comfortable selling to, no matter what anyone else says. You have every right to turn someone down.  I have upset several people by refusing to sell. once it was just based on a bad feeling I had. My gut ended up right and someone else who did sell got screwd by them
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

Abby W.

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »

I agree completely.  You should never feel obligated to sell a chin to anyone you are not 100% comfortable with.
I have also turned people away because I felt they were unwilling to properly educate themselves or had poor motives for wanting a chinchilla.  I never sell to anyone I haven't met and evaluated to make sure they will be able to give my babies a proper home.  You should absolutely not feel bad for telling this woman that under the circumstances you are just not comfortable letting another one of your animals to her.  If she is willing to get rid of the dog, or take better precautions, like making sure the dog is in a separate area from the chin's habitat, then maybe you could consider it.

tudiebug

• Just Chin Chillin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 10:04:44 PM »

thank you so much everyone you all are so helpful
** ( \ _ / ) **
 * (= ' . ' =) *
 * (*) _ (*) * A ZOO IN THE ATTIC CHINCHILLAS

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 06:39:35 PM »

I agree.
When I lived with my mother in law and she rescued a badly treated dog he could have been aggressive towards the chinchillas. We just made sure he was not allowed in their room. They used to play in the front room but we stopped that when he was brought home and swapped their play room to our bedroom. There was never one problem because we were responsible enough to separate them. Most dogs can't open doors and I'm sure no dog can open a lock. So it would have been her fault and you shouldn't sell to her again if you don't want to. I wouldn't.

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »

::silly::  Hi All ... been a while, but I hope to be on more often, now.   :::grins::     

:::(((  We have 2 Great Danes ... Lady loves the chins and they love her ... I trust her completely with the chins ... she goes from cage to cage each night to stick her head in and get good night chinnie kisses from many of our little ones.   Now, on the other hand, the second Dane, Raven, also a female, looks at the chins as play toys ... she is never allowed around the chins ... she does not know the meaning of the word gentle.

:(  I would never allow someone to have one of my babies if they had another animal that might harm them ... lady's dog has alredy been given one chance to many .  I would not look at her as being very responsible  (1) allowing her dog around the chin with out precautions and (2) asking for another one?!?    Good thing it's you and not me ... I would have just laughed and said, "You are kidding, aren't you?"  This lady's got some gall!

This may sound a bit blunt, but those of you who know me, know I tell it like it is and pull no punches!

::wave:: Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed
Pages: [1]   Go Up