Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi From Denver!  (Read 2523 times)

cusunfireguy

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
Hi From Denver!
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:26:49 PM »

Hey Chin lovers!

My name is Steven.  I have 2 little guys.  One is Buster and he's 3 years old and the other is Sampson and he is about a year old.  They are the best of buddies and just love their play time.  We give them about 45 minutes to an hour every night.  They know the routine very well and go back into their habitat on their own when we ring the bell signaling "time is up".

They are so sweet, except when plotting against the cats.  Actually, they really enjoy the cats.  Especially bouncing off of them.  We've never had a problem with the kitties since they have always been around small animals.  I think one of the cats think they are her babies.

We have a very nice habitat for them that is 6ft tall by 3ft wide by 3ft deep.  Got a fantastic sale when our local Petsmart was moving a block away.  So, they have plenty of room to play when not out and about.  We had really nice high end air conditioners put in from Sears that keeps my whole place a nice 68 degrees.

My guys were rescues from homes that just didn't have time for them.  Classic mistake, they purchased them from a pet store for small children.  I've had them now for about 6 months and they are very very happy.  I'm not opposed to having more but I'm disabled due to MS and these guys are quite pricy for a guy on a fixed income.

Anyway,  thanks for adding me to the community and hope to hear from you all very soon!

Signing off from Denver,

Steven :::grins::
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:02:36 PM by cusunfireguy »
Steven Mobley<br /><br />\"Free Schapelle Corby\"!

Sweetnessheart

• Appreciation points: 7
    • View Profile
    • 4 J's Plantation
Re: Hi From Denver!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 07:45:17 AM »

Hi Steven!  Welcome!!   ::nod::

It sounds like your chinchillas have a great life with you!  Keep up the good work!!

See you around the forums!   :::grins::
Janice and Jim
http://www.4jsplantation.com

ECBC V-Pres. - Southeast Unit of Ohio Branch

BooBoo*TheKiddo*

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hi From Denver!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 07:45:41 PM »

Welcome Steven.

Glad your joined us. :)

I'm sorry to here you have MS. I know how tough if it is...my mom has it as well and has for 14 years. I'm sending hugs your way right now.

Sounds like your boys are happy with you...and I'm glad you rescued them. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up