Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reward system, please help!  (Read 1583 times)

Beth

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
reward system, please help!
« on: April 12, 2008, 07:11:28 PM »

Hi everyone!  I hope you and all your little ones are great.  Lulu and I are pretty good.  However, since I started to feed her an oat every time she made contact with me (trying to gain her trust after the vet fiasco), she never comes to me without expecting food.  She won't let me scratch her unless I give her something, and if I don't have an oat in my hands, she runs off as soon as she realizes there's no food involved.  I'd really like it if she came to me wanting to be scratched, or to have attention, but instead I just feel she only wants food.

I'm a little frustrated and confused about what I should do.  ::shrug:: If anyone has advice, I would really really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: reward system, please help!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 10:08:18 AM »

What you might want to start doing is giving oats to her randomly when she comes to see you. For example get her to come to you three times with no treats then the next time give her a treat. Then then wait two times before you give a treat and then maybe four times. Hopefully if that works she won't know if she's going to get a treat or not and will come to you anyway. On the other hand she might just turn her nose up at you each time you don't reward her, but it's worth trying. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up