Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dandelions  (Read 2918 times)

Esleyoga

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Dandelions
« on: April 08, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »

Can Chinchillas eat fresh dandilions?  I am asking because I saw dandelion treats (they look like the yogurt bites) that were marketed towards chinchillas, but nothing I've read on chin care suggests either a yes or a no on the dandelions.  If they can eat the fresh dandilions, wouldn't that be then better for them than the mushed, reformed dandelion product that is sold for them?  I have plenty of the fresh ones - we don't use ANY form of pesticides - and was wondering if I could give them to Quincy.  Thanks for any help!!
E

(on another matter - has anyone here ever noticed that there are WAY more - practically double - the amount of sad smilies for options here than there are happy ones?  Usually it's the other way around.  Are there really that many sad feelings associated with this board?)

Twitter

• View Profile
Re: Dandelions
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »

I wouldnt see why not
I mean I feed my chinchilla dandelions everyonce in awhile is the summer or spring
when we get them they dont seem to hurt him, but not to many i would think
**Poncho**
My baby boy!

nemue

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 08:08:45 AM »

I don't know about the dandilions, but the dandilion treats aren't very good.  They sold them to me the day I got my girls.  They're loaded with sugar, and on top of that, chins would chose a raisin over one of those treats any day!  We didn't finish the box, and just threw them out.

Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 05:47:30 AM »

I wouldn't feed a chin anything from the yard.  Pollution, pets, pesticides...you just never know.  I'd stay on the safe side and stick with hay, raisins and oats, which they love! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up