Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ...  (Read 2735 times)

Sillychinchilly

• Owned by Pixel
  • Appreciation points: 0
  • Miss Pixel!!
    • View Profile
« on: April 04, 2008, 04:27:16 PM »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much, I check in once in a while, but I just don't have much to say. Things have been crap since mom had her cancer surgery. It took a long time for her to recover, and now that she's having chemo, she's depressed and upset, nothing I do is right and she takes everything out on me. When she lost her hair from her chemo, I shaved my head because she was upset about being the only bald one in the family, and she's done nothing but tell me I look weird and that I'm stupid ever since.

We got another Chinchilla, a pink and white, her name was Snowflake. A friend of a friend had her and couldn't take care of her, we assume she was a pet store chin. We had her three days when she died, the necropsy said it was malnutrition. She hadn't even gotten to meet Pixel yet (obviously with the quarantine time, it wouldn't have been possible.). I feel terrible that her life was so short. She was only about a year old.

Aaron and I bought a car a few weeks ago, and we let my dad borrow it to go to the doctor because my mom had theirs. He totaled it, and the accident was his fault. Now mom and dad are saying they don't have the money to pay for it, and the other guy's insurance is fighting us tooth and nail.

I had a stalker who was recently caught and put in jail. I spent a week in Illinois on police orders for my own safety while they tried to catch him.

Last, but possibly close to worst, in my opinion, yesterday we had to put my fourteen year old Chinese Crested dog, Ted, to sleep. He had blood cancer and we couldn't afford the chemotherapy for him any more. I miss him so much already, but it was just his time, I guess. The other dogs are moping around about it. We did adopt another about a week before dad wrecked the car. Her name is Bobsie and she is a Tibetan Spaniel. She's very sweet.

Here's hoping I have the time and energy to get around to coming back here. I miss you guys.
~*~ Annie ~*~
        ~*~

Sweetnessheart

• Appreciation points: 7
    • View Profile
    • 4 J's Plantation
Re: ...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 01:01:30 PM »

Oh My...!!

You have had your hands full. 

I know this seems silly for me to say, but don't let things get to you too much.  Take a lot of deep breaths and pray for strength.  The turmoils we face in life make us stronger.  Prayer will give you strength to get through.

Your mom is expressing her feelings onto you.  When I had breast cancer, I was horrible.  My family can tell you that I was unbareable to be around.  Just please be patient with her and say little prayers.  You will need to be strong for her and yourself.  I know you are being supportive, by shaving your head, but right now you are reminding your Mom of her delima by you being bald.

I am sorry to hear about your new chinchilla.  At least she knew someone was caring for her at the end.

Your Chinese Crested was loved very much.  Not many pet owners would have given chemo to their animals.  They would have let them just pass away.  You tried very much to help him!  Give your other dogs extra love to help them handle their grief and extra hugs will help you also.

As far as your Dad wrecking the car,,,,,you were being a good daughter by letting him use your car.  I am sure everything will work out.  It may take some time, but things will work out!

Just know that we are here for you and willing to listen any time!

Take care!!!
Janice and Jim
http://www.4jsplantation.com

ECBC V-Pres. - Southeast Unit of Ohio Branch

nemue

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
Re: ...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »

Sillychinchilly,  I"m sorry to hear life has been hectic.  I kind of think when it rains, it pours, and just put your mind to better things and the sky will clear. 

When I was in school finishing my practicum, my mother-in-law was dying of cervical cancer.  I was studying for a government exam, emotionally supporting my husband and then I fell down the stairs and sprained both ankles (my poor husband had to do stuff for his mom and me).  I was so stressed I became severely anemic and could barely move without getting dizzy and exhausted.  To top it off, I lost my best friend because I "didn't have time for her."  The month after my mother-in-law died, my cat went missing for a week (he finally came home, thank God) and I was unconsolable.  Everything always seems to come at once, and just remember it's not just you that things are happening to, this is part of our journey of life.  If we didn't have the hard moments, we wouldn't appreciate the good ones.  I truly believe that we are given challenges in life.  We wouldn't grow and change if we didn't have the hard parts to make us look at ourselves. 

When my mother-in-law was sick, I found some of her behaviour frustrating.  She put herself in situations to be abandoned or to make us feel frustrated (like calling the MINUTE we were to drive out of town to see my family because she needed to go to hospital).  My mom was there for that situation on a visit and here's what she said to me, "it's the disease, not her, that's behaving like this."  When people are ill they are not themselves.  They're in pain in soooo many ways, and they are scared.  There might not be a right thing to do, because what she needs is a miracle.  Just be paitent.  When she comes out of this, things will get better.  I'm sorry I can't help you more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up