Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Escapade!!!  (Read 2364 times)

Deanna

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Escapade!!!
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:18:55 AM »

I was hoping I would never have to post this, but...

OTIS MADE AN ESCAPADE!

He was gone all night, and we thought he was sleeping all of the time, but the next morning my mom went to check on him, and she saw a big black thing with a long tail run by. Yes, the lights were off. She ran up to my room and was like, "DEANNA! THERE'S A SQUIRREL IN THE HOUSE!" It turns out, it was Otis. He had chewed a hole in the back of his cage, so now he has a new metal one.
I love Otis!

nemue

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Escapade!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:07:07 PM »

rofl They are trouble makers aren't they!  :noway:

After I'd had my girls for the first week, I cleaned their cage and left one door open that I don't usually use.  The door to their room didn't latch properly, and between them adn the cats they got out of the room!  I thought I was going to find chinchilla bits everywhere.  Luckily the cats were just curious, and they helped us find the chins.  I nearly had a heart attack!  ::pull hair::  they've gotten out one other time (my same stupidity), but we heard them running around that time! 

rodafer

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:32:07 AM »

they are just so funny! always up to something! herman runs around certain parts of the house in the evening (when i let her out to follow me around), but i have nightmares about her getting outside. i am a little obsessive about not letting the doors be open when she is out of her cage.  freaks me out, so i could not imagine her escaping in the middle of the night, ha ha. right now she has been in her cage for 2 days since we just moved and got a new puppy, but later on, it will be interesting.

ChillinChinchillas

• Evie's Easter Pic!
    • View Profile
    • Chillin' Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 11:54:50 AM »

Petie slipped out under my husbands feet twice (both times as I was yelling, "the chinchilla is out, shut the door." Both times I just started yelling and freaking out, while Petie would stare at me like I was looney and just trot right back in like I was an idiot. I have learned most of my lessons by trial and error. I have been so lucky!
~Kristin Carlin~
**Chillin' Chinchillas**
(Petie, Roxxy, Addietouille, Widgette, JellyBean, & Smokey, Jovey, Chae, Emma, Rocky, Chance, Daisey, Porter, Tucker, and Ollie)
http://www.chillinchinchillas.com

Asikovsek

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
    • Oil Creek Chins
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 01:46:16 AM »

Yes I have had this happen more times than I can count..lol...and so has my fiancee..lol....He came home the one night and one of chins learned how to unlatch their cage and I was at work in the evening so he spent the majority of his time after work catching the 3 chins that got loose hahah. :D

ChillinChinchillas

• Evie's Easter Pic!
    • View Profile
    • Chillin' Chinchillas
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 02:09:35 PM »

Petie actually made it outside the door. For a while, anytime my husband or l would go for the door, Petie would jet to the door. We would try to trick him and go out the back, but he figured that trick out really fast. Those were some of the scariest moments. Thank goodness we live in the south. With the heat and humidity the way it can get out there, no chin wants anything to do with it.
~Kristin Carlin~
**Chillin' Chinchillas**
(Petie, Roxxy, Addietouille, Widgette, JellyBean, & Smokey, Jovey, Chae, Emma, Rocky, Chance, Daisey, Porter, Tucker, and Ollie)
http://www.chillinchinchillas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up