Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Just a bit curious...  (Read 5427 times)

ChillinChinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Evie's Easter Pic!
    • View Profile
    • Chillin' Chinchillas
Just a bit curious...
« on: December 30, 2007, 03:24:34 PM »

I was just curious as to what other pets people have along with their chinchillas? I know there was a discussion about cats, I was just curious about other pets and how they relate to the chins? Does anyone have animals that do not like the chis? ::silly::
~Kristin Carlin~
**Chillin' Chinchillas**
(Petie, Roxxy, Addietouille, Widgette, JellyBean, & Smokey, Jovey, Chae, Emma, Rocky, Chance, Daisey, Porter, Tucker, and Ollie)
http://www.chillinchinchillas.com

Deanna

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Just a bit curious...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 06:10:09 PM »

In March, I may get a puppy!
I love Otis!

Billydkd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 09:20:18 PM »

I have 5 dogs, they like to look at the chins in the cages, never alone and never at play time. I also have 2 Parrots, I never let them in with the chins.
Billy

kneesaa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 09:29:59 PM »

A few years back my Mom's Pomeranian had 2 pups and when they started walking around they had no intrest in my chinchillas. Also they had a lot of doggy toy's and other animals to play with.
And as for the cats. We had 2 cats that would sit next to chinchilla's cages and not even bothering the chins, and Peaka would try to bite spookys tail as it would swish in and out of his cage :::grins::. I was watching and finally Peaka got a grip on spookys tail and bit hard. Poor spooky. But the thing is that they(the 6 cats) never bothered the chins. Sometimes they would stick a paw into the cage but that was always biten. When they were let out of their cages, it was into those big rodent plastic balls. And everyone stayed away. I watched them ofcourse. But I never had any problems.  
   HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE  ;)
Quyana Shannon Seager

Sillychinchilly

• Owned by Pixel
  • Appreciation points: 0
  • Miss Pixel!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 03:36:16 AM »

Out of our five dogs, one is curious, one is hostile, one likes to lick her through the bars of the cage, and the other two are indifferent. The first two are terrier mixes, which to me, explains their behavior. None of them are ever alone with them. Our rat, Merlin, I don't think has ever been anywhere near him, and of course, the turtle and the tortoise have nothing to do with her. LoL
Pixel, however, is curious about them all. She barks at Booger (the one who is hostile toward her) and she'll cuddle with Doom through the bars of the cage. O.o
Its very strange to see how all the dogs have different reactions to her. I think our Chinese crested would be more interested in her if it weren't for the fact that hes blind and deaf. :(
And Bear... Bear's just too lazy to care. He's a German Shepherd / Pug mix and doesn't care about much other than "yum yums" lol
~*~ Annie ~*~
        ~*~

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 02:43:01 PM »

The two rabbits love them, although they only meet through the bars, the dog is scared of them (and all the other pets) and the hamster... well when he's in his ball they chase him around. :)

Chins To Love

• Serenity
    • View Profile
    • Chins To Love
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 04:27:01 PM »

We have 2 dogs and 2 cats and none of them seem to be very interested in the chins. Our chins have thier own room though, and the door is shut when we aren't in there with them.
Julianne,  Proud ECBC member

Chins To Love
Fresno, CA
www.chinstolove.com

Asikovsek

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
    • Oil Creek Chins
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 09:44:11 PM »

I have 3 cats, 3 dogs, 25 Arican Cichlid fish, a hamster, a painted face turtle, and all my loving chins

Summer

• 4everchins
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 11:08:35 PM »

We have 4 dogs, 7 cats, 2+ pygmy goats, 1 dwarf winter white hamster, 1 bunny, 2 cockatiel, 2 guinea pigs and a1 fish!

shadowborne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 11:52:03 AM »

Wow, people have ALOT of pets lol.
1 black european hamster - Smudge (Joke is if he got out he would be a smudge in the carpet due to the cat(s)
1 teddy Bear hamster - The vet gave him the name bear as they wanted to put him in the records, kept it.
2 female grey chinchilla's - Silver (Senior) and Amy (young one). They are about 2 months apart in age.
1 Modern Siamese Cat - Samuel (Fat cat that is not only scared of the chinchilla but will shake and hide when he see's the chinchilla out (When we are carrying her))

Hmm, I need more pets to catch up to all of you. Maybe work on a 100 chinchilla herd in a seperate house that i can let out at times to play.....hmmm fluffy furry little carpet. I like that idea.  :::grins::

kneesaa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 12:19:22 PM »

We have 8 dogs, 3 cats, 1 saltwater fish tank and 1 fresh water fish tank , 2 rabbits, 2 alpacas and 2 chinchillas.
Quyana Shannon Seager

nemue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 12:49:23 PM »

I just have my two bratty cats, Nemue and Linus, and five gold fish.  Plus, of course, the new addition, Kira and M'noke our lovely chins!

ChillinChinchillas

• Evie's Easter Pic!
    • View Profile
    • Chillin' Chinchillas
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 06:22:02 PM »

My dog likes to do whatever the chinchillas are doing. If I am giving raisens, the dog will sit there until he gets a raisen. He will even beg for the supplement I give them and the shredded wheat. My husband says that the dog is trying to get as much attention as the chins. So, I guess I have a German Shepard/Beagle mix chinchilla now! :2funny:
~Kristin Carlin~
**Chillin' Chinchillas**
(Petie, Roxxy, Addietouille, Widgette, JellyBean, & Smokey, Jovey, Chae, Emma, Rocky, Chance, Daisey, Porter, Tucker, and Ollie)
http://www.chillinchinchillas.com

Abby W.

• View Profile
    • Virginia Chinchillas
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 11:41:49 PM »

Three cats and twenty chinchillas here!  I am working on my husband for a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel puppy in the spring though.  My mom is breeding a litter...

pink

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 03:11:58 AM »

I have one dog, a black lab/chow mix. He's not too friendly towards my chin though, barks a lot, and acts like he wants to pounce on him like he tries to do with mice. I was wondering though, does anyone have any tips on getting my dog to calm it down a bit around my chin? In two months there won't be separate rooms to keep them in.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up