Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another question - stomping feet  (Read 3994 times)

shadowborne

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Another question - stomping feet
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:11:20 AM »

My new chinchillla is becoming a very nice little thing but I have a question. When she goes to get in my hand sometimes she will stomp her feet, only way to put it, slowly forward mostly into my hand and then back and sometimes she hugs my wrist and will stop forward slowly till her entire body is in my hand and her belly is against her palm. I looked through the net and did not find any information and I know many of you are very knowledgeable so putting up another thread. Any idea's would be appreciated. Another note is she doesn't make any noise when she does it.

Thank you

Leslie

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Another question - stomping feet
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 06:01:01 PM »

Um I have a boy chin that does something similar, but it's like he's trying to mount my hand....?

shadowborne

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 07:08:59 PM »

She doesn't do the wrist hug part often, only twice in the two weeks we have had her, but it's kind of funny.

ChillinChinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Evie's Easter Pic!
    • View Profile
    • Chillin' Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 07:51:09 PM »

My male used to do that when I would let him run around the front of the house (that was when we were a one chin family). At first, I thought he was trying to mount me, so I would tell him no. I wasn't paying attention one day and he latched on to my arm. When I didn't move it immediately, he just climbed up my arm. It turned out he was just trying to climb, because once he got to my shoulders, he just kind of hung out for a minute. She might just be testing you to make sure you are safe. Some of my chins will test out my hands if they are in a cage that is not on the ground. It will usually take them a few good tests before they will hop right in.
~Kristin Carlin~
**Chillin' Chinchillas**
(Petie, Roxxy, Addietouille, Widgette, JellyBean, & Smokey, Jovey, Chae, Emma, Rocky, Chance, Daisey, Porter, Tucker, and Ollie)
http://www.chillinchinchillas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up