Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange noise...  (Read 1894 times)

shadowborne

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Strange noise...
« on: December 11, 2007, 08:11:29 PM »

Alright, had a rescue Chin today and got it home and finally got it to calm down. It is in a cage, has the food it came with mixed with a little of the mauri food (or whatever it is), but she is sometimes making an oink sound, a sneeze, and then this sound - without the sharp barking. I am a bit worried and yes, she is well away from my other chin. This one was abandoned by a friend with someone else and they didn't really know how to take care of them so I took over. Yes she is in a new cage (the old one was almost completely plastic) and such. I know it was a shock but I am worried about her maybe getting to stressed and possibly dieing on me. Any suggestions or maybe what it might mean would be helpful.

Thank you

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: Strange noise...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 08:39:49 PM »

I'm not an expert but I'd say the chinchilla is just freaked out by the whole experience, being moved around so much. It's food may not be ideal, but I wouldn't start changing it over for a few days until it calms down, just leave it alone in a quiet room and I guess a raisin wouldn't go amiss. :) Cheech barks when she's too hot, so maybe check the temperature. Get it to a good vet for a check over and find out its sex so I can stop calling it an it. But it might be best to make sure it's not ingested too much plastic, check the poos and how much it's eating.

It's always traumatising for any animal and the best thing might just be some peace and quiet and some proper care. I'd say the noises are just warnings because it's scared. That's my opinion anyway. Hope it's useful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up