Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Raleigh North Carolina  (Read 5101 times)

lesliesuniquecharm

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Unique Charm
Hello from Raleigh North Carolina
« on: November 17, 2007, 12:12:45 AM »

Hi everyone, my name is Leslie i am 22 yrs old. i reside in Raleigh North Carolina.I*m in my 2nd year of culinary arts & love it. I live with my boyfriend & our chin Roo. We just bought a 4 story town house so Roo get*s the den all to himself, sometimes. We always supervise him at play, he*s so funny! We havent had him very long almost 2 weeks. I*m trying to learn all i can & I*m working as hard as i can to keep him happy. I adore him! Everyone loves him..we like it here  ::)

BrightEyed

• Appreciation points: 1
  • Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
    • Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
Re: Hello from Raleigh North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 08:44:10 AM »

Hey, I didn't realize you lived here. We live in Cary. We are looking to buy a house in Pittsboro (Chatham county)... have been looking for a long time. Let me know if you need anything. My friend wants to go to culinary arts schooling- are you in the program at Wake Tech? She is trying to find a good place and I heard Wake was pretty good.

Welcome to the board.  ::nod::
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
http://www.brighteyedchinchillas.com
central North Carolina

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 10:44:51 AM »

Hi leslie,
Nice to meet you.
Debbie.nl.ca

lesliesuniquecharm

• View Profile
    • Unique Charm
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 04:45:33 PM »

Hey Bright,
I do go to Wake Tech. It*s awsome, i love it. Chatham county huh? There should be alot of houses open. They're building apartment complex's & town houses every where! We*re trying to sell our house but they just built 3 more locations around our home. heh we sort of gave up until they're done & full. i dont wanna bother ya with questions though. i do have alot, we've only had Roo for almost 2 weeks. he*s still getting use to us righ? sometimes hes still alittle skidish, or is that because he doesnt wanna be bothered at that time? Thanks..

BrightEyed

• Appreciation points: 1
  • Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
    • Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 05:30:35 PM »

Yea- all chins are different. I have had a few that took about 3 weeks to become fully trusting of me. And some who were fine after a week. Just give him time to get used to everything. I talk to mine a lot.. hoping it helps calm them down and know they can trust me. Roo is still getting used to everything and its best to work your way slow. Talk to him.. then offer him a treat.. then put your hand in his cage and keep it still (he will nibble and sniff and climb when he is ready).. then try to rub him when he lets you. Once hes used to you and your smell he will start to trust you and you'll be able to get him out. He may never like having to go back in.. but there are tricks you can learn once your to that point. He will act skittish whenever he is scared or unsure.. but he'll come around. :)
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
http://www.brighteyedchinchillas.com
central North Carolina

lesliesuniquecharm

• View Profile
    • Unique Charm
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 06:28:45 PM »

Should my boyfriend do the same? Roo's my early birthday present and he*s bad with pets. Should he be making an effort too? Justin plays video games with the surround sound on. He sometimes gets loud and i know it scares Roo because it sometimes wakes up our roomies. So i think he*s still unsure about him, but he climbs on him and sits to watch him play the video games. We*ll work on him too..By any chance do you know where i can get yellow chew toy pieces? Roo's almost totally ate his yellow chew, i wonder if its banana flavored? hmm...Thank you so much for helping me out and answering my questions. It*s nice to know i got advice waiting when i need it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up