Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now what should i do?  (Read 1890 times)

lesliesuniquecharm

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Unique Charm
Now what should i do?
« on: November 16, 2007, 09:45:52 PM »

Roo was playing Wednesday night and he acted skidish all day. [[ me & my boyfriend have only had him for alittle over a week 1/2 ]] he seemed fine when we brought him home, set up his cage then let him settle in for an hour or so. We took him out he played all over the room, he likes to get behind the tv & under the tv stand with the dvd's. We had to track him down and i ended up scareing the crap outta him when i put him up because he wined for 30 minutes or so. He finally went to sleep and since then he seems alittle skidish. i put my hand up to the cage & open the door to let him sniff & so i can pet him, but will he ever trust me again? I cried i felt so bad.  ::shrug::

BrightEyed

• Appreciation points: 1
  • Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
    • Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
Re: Now what should i do?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 08:36:38 AM »

he's fine- you haven't had him for long. He needs more time to adjust and get used to you before you start letting him out. Build trust between you and then let him explore. I made the mistake with my first chin of not bonding so well before I let him out and he hated to be picked up to go back in his cage. It took a long time to catch him sometimes too. Just give him time and he will be ok. If he does it like that again just talk to him for a while and leave him be if he continues.
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
http://www.brighteyedchinchillas.com
central North Carolina

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 10:47:18 AM »

Yes rushing them out may slow the process a little, but he'll come aroudn. Patience ::nod::
Debbie.nl.ca

lesliesuniquecharm

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Unique Charm
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 04:53:03 PM »

So i should just stick my hand in the cage and let him get to know me alittle better? I didnt know if it was bad for them not to be out & about. hehe because then he*d know he was supposed to come out & it would be like i*m keeping him confined in the cage. I just wanna do my best. He still hops & jumps around in his cage at night. hehe i hear him, i also wake up and check up on him. like alittle baby.  ::) You guys are so helpful! thanks!!

Deeliteful

• Appreciation points: 3
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 05:45:13 AM »

I have had my Chupers (Chico Chalupa) For about a year now . He is just now letting me pick him up without a fuss and within the last week has started wanting to come out of the cage on his own . Patience is a very good thing to have with these guys .
Pages: [1]   Go Up