Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pixel has a knot in her fur  (Read 2595 times)

Sillychinchilly

• Owned by Pixel
  • Appreciation points: 0
  • Miss Pixel!!
    • View Profile
Pixel has a knot in her fur
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:41:10 PM »

And she won't sit still long enough for me to do anything about it!! O.o
It looks ridiculous (not exactly the point, but still), and it makes me wonder if the dust I'm using is OK?? Its Blue Cloud, but I didn't notice any knots with the other... whatever it was.
Any way, tips on getting her silly little butt to sit still for me to get the knot out? I've picked at it little by little, but she gets bored and hops out of my lap. It looks like it would come out pretty easy now, but I don't want her to get to the point where she doesn't want me touching her at all. :(
~*~ Annie ~*~
        ~*~

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: Pixel has a knot in her fur
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 06:08:15 AM »

Your dust is fine.  As they go through the different stages of prime sometimes they get those knots.  In some cases you can just pull them out with your fingers. If its too big for that you can either let it fall out on its own or you can brush it.  The only way to get her to let you is to hold her at the base of her tail where her tail meets her body.  They let her feet rest in your lap or on a table while you work.  She won't like it, she will squirm, and she might scream.  If you and your chinchilla are well bonded it shouldn't hurt your relationship although I would suggest a bribe of her favorite treat just after.
 ;)
If you are still in the bonding process I wouldn't suggest worrying about the knot right now. Unless it is tight enough to be hurting her I would just let it fall out on its own.

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

Sillychinchilly

• Owned by Pixel
  • Appreciation points: 0
  • Miss Pixel!!
    • View Profile
Re: Pixel has a knot in her fur
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 09:11:52 AM »

Thanks Jamie. Pixel and I never had the *I'm wary of you, stay away from me* stage. She just wanted to play right away when we got her. I did like everything said and left her alone for a week to adjust, but it almost killed me. She would come up to the bars and just STARE at me when I walked by, and she jumped out onto my shirt once when I had the cage open to feed her. I don't know what it was about me that she automatically trusted, she still doesn't trust Aaron at all. O.o
I'll give the tail a shot, if it seems to irritate her too much, I'll let it get out on its own. You have to remember, I did people hair, and now I do dog hair, so little things like knots in hair irritate me.

<3
~*~ Annie ~*~
        ~*~
Pages: [1]   Go Up