Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: House Is Flooded  (Read 6965 times)

Sillychinchilly

• Owned by Pixel
  • Appreciation points: 0
  • Miss Pixel!!
    • View Profile
House Is Flooded
« on: October 05, 2007, 05:05:34 PM »

The pipe in the back of our washing machine broke while we were out and flooded the WHOLE house! When we got back there was water running down our drive way! O.o
My parents just put in new hardwood floors, too. Totally uncool. We've got all the water out now, thanks to our floor scrubber, and my room is the only one not soaked because its elevated from the rest... but everything else is ruined, including one of our computers (mom's, which sits on the floor).
Two days away from my big eighteenth birthday party... Guess we have to find a different location, huh? Ugh, this is amazing. It happened once before in our old house in Maryvale, but I never expected it to happen here. Everything smells, and Pixel is acting really, really nervous. Any thoughts on how to calm her down? She just came back from my friend's house, and was ok, I guess, until our dogs started freaking out over the water.
Today has been a very loooooong day.
~*~ Annie ~*~
        ~*~

ebengston

• Appreciation points: 1
  • Have You Hugged Your Critters Today?
    • View Profile
    • Seeds of Hope Pet Rescue
Re: House Is Flooded
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 06:23:01 PM »

Oh No! How horrible!  :::((( I hope you find a place for your 18th party on such short notice! As far as your chinnie being stressed, just sit quietly with him and maybe give him a shreddie or rose hip. Keep to as normal of a routine as you can. Once the house quiets down, he should be ok. I am glad he was safe and didn't have to get an unexpected bath!
Elizabeth & My Critters

BrightEyed

• Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
    • Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 07:42:24 AM »

I am SO sorry!  :::((( My dad's parents had a townhouse about 8 years ago and they were off on vacation somewhere in the winter season. A pipe froze and busted and flooded their lower floor and ruined so much. They used to live in Holland and have collected some AMAZING hand crafted furniture and things and most of them were ruined except my favorite table from over seas.. it is a short table that was hand crafted and has a glass on top that allows you to see this amazing carving of people and a town with all sorts of things around them. They came home to a flooded home and we came up to help them get their stuff and move.

Hopefully you can get your party moved and be able to celebrate. It is a GOOD thing your Pixel was untouched.. be thankful for that. We will be thinking about you!
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
http://www.brighteyedchinchillas.com
central North Carolina

chicosmama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 08:14:53 PM »

Keep Pixel in your room to keep the smell away from her.

Yall should use a leaf blower to dry your hardwood floors or a blow dryer so they do not rot. While they may seem dry they probably arent.

Abby W.

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 09:36:58 PM »

You should contact Serv Pro to come work on your house.  Our house flooded a few years ago and our homeowner's insurance company called them in.  They were amazing!  They had everything cleaned up and back to normal in a few days.

Sillychinchilly

• Owned by Pixel
  • Miss Pixel!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 12:40:50 AM »

My dad pulled all the floors up and took them to my cousins to be dried in their thing for drying fire wood... i don't know if it will work or not, but whatever. He has strange ideas.
Pixel is always in my room, except during play time, when she plays in my bathroom, which is also untouched, being part of my room (I have the second master suite).
We took my party today to my sister's house. It was nice to get away from the smell.
~*~ Annie ~*~
        ~*~

chicosmama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 01:31:07 PM »

My dad pulled all the floors up and took them to my cousins to be dried in their thing for drying fire wood... i don't know if it will work or not, but whatever. He has strange ideas.
Pixel is always in my room, except during play time, when she plays in my bathroom, which is also untouched, being part of my room (I have the second master suite).
We took my party today to my sister's house. It was nice to get away from the smell.

Aww okay well good luck with all this! I am fighting fleas on my cats =(. We all have our own little plagues. lol

ebengston

• Have You Hugged Your Critters Today?
    • View Profile
    • Seeds of Hope Pet Rescue
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 08:04:03 PM »

First of all..apologies to your chin..I am sorry I called her a he! Secondly, glad to hear your party was a success! Hope the floor drying works!
Elizabeth & My Critters
Pages: [1]   Go Up