Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Big Hello  (Read 4069 times)

tenniskris

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
A Big Hello
« on: June 14, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »

;)
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself properly to y'all.  My name is Kristine and I am the proud mother and wife to John (hubby), Alex and Andrew (kids), Moon, Fluffy, Kramer (cats), Thumper (rabbit that thinks he's a dog), Caramel (guinea pig), Squeeky (squirrel).  We just lost our beloved Furby (chinchilla) and I am just now able to pick myself up.  My other family members help so much!  I have decided to start my hunt for another chinchilla.  It will probably take me a long time 'cause Furby will be a hard act to follow.  I'm in no hurry, though.  I have been overwhelmed by the love and support here!  I have always felt sort of embarrassed about the way I treat my animals (like family) and now I feel totally accepted; everyone here loves their animals just as much!!! 
We live in Houston, Texas and are blessed every day with friends and family.  Thanks for being so welcoming and I hope to be posting more in the future.
Kristine :::grins::

Abby W.

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Chinchillas
Re: A Big Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 04:53:34 PM »

Welcome Kristine!  I am so sorry about Furby.  It is always hard to lose a pet, particularly for people whose pets become like part of the family.  I think that is true for all of the members of this forum. 

I'm glad you joined the forum!  Keep in touch!

Summer

• 4everchins
  • Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 05:10:13 PM »

Hi & Welcome  ::wave::

QTPie61282

• View Profile
    • For The Love of Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 07:05:32 PM »

Welcome to the boards! :::grins:: ::silly::
~Jen~

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 08:14:23 AM »

Hi and a big welcome from the "ROCK" Newfoundland, it's better know as the Rock. LOL

I'm so sorry for your loss, and yes if he was a cuddlier he may very well be a hard act to follow.
But ya know they are all as unique in their own way, so I'm sure you'll be happy with a new one no matter what the personality.
Besides you wouldn't want to replace him, could never, just love another the same but different.
I am very close to all 26 of my pet chins, and have to try not to get too attached to kits or I have to keep them. ;)
So have you though about a colour you'd like to have?
Debbie.nl.ca

tenniskris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 07:55:42 PM »

I was thinking of another Mosaic like Furby.  If I can't find one I like, then my next choice would be an Ebony.  Just today my daughter, Alex, started looking at chinny videos again, so I think she might be ready to give another one her love :)  I have learned so much just by reading the boards so I think we are prepared to give our next little one everything he/she needs.  Does anyone here know of any good breeders in the Houston, Texas area?  I don't want to get our next one from a pet store.  I want to know background etc.
Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up