Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need or Want a GOOD Chinchilla Vet???  (Read 4280 times)

Asikovsek

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
    • Oil Creek Chins
Need or Want a GOOD Chinchilla Vet???
« on: June 13, 2007, 07:48:18 PM »

If you are looking for an excellent Vet to consult or to take your chins too then Dr. Keffer is the best!!...I highly recommend her and she has done wonders for my chins, and she is even a breeder herself!  Even if you dont live in the pittsburgh, PA area you can still email her with questions or concerns and she is more than willing to answer any questions...here is her website www.geocities.com/chinvet...and her email is chinvet@yahoo.com....I have found that in the past going to regular vets or even exotic vets can actually do more harm than good to your chinny.  Vet's are just not as experienced with Chins as we owners wish they were...I remember when I was new to the area I took my chinny to someone who had never even seen a real one...I turned right around and walked out the door!!! ;)...thats like taking your child to a doctor who has no experience in treating children...no way!!...my chins are my children... ;D

Donna

• Appreciation points: 2
  • donnaburk@att.net
    • View Profile
Re: Need or Want a GOOD Chinchilla Vet???
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 11:42:39 PM »

Thanks for the tip, I need a good chin vet. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana and have to take a day off work and drive to another state to get my chinnies to a vet. Some exotic vets have little experience with chins, it just depends on the vet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up