Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinchilla in a Locket  (Read 38717 times)

Squirrel_Butt

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Chinchilla in a Locket
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 05:43:11 PM »

I do the same thing with my chins. Every whisker they shed, all the clumps of fur they shed, I have kept in individual boxes. For some reason, it helps a little bit with the sadness.
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde

Donna

• donnaburk@att.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 01:00:40 AM »

I read what you wrote again and thought I do the same thing. After every good combing, I put the fur in a glass jar so that you can see the color and the fur. When the chin passed, I have a whole jar of fur to look at and remember him by. I use to do the snips of fur in little clear bags, but now I like the larger jar and I have so much more of him.

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 06:23:19 AM »

When I had my chin put to sleep at the vet they had an interesting idea they do for their customers. They took an air drying poly clay disk and put impressions of his feet in it. The front feet were on one side and the back feet are on the other. It's kind of goofy but it's an interesting conversation piece.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

Squirrel_Butt

• # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 11:47:39 AM »

Im so angry my ex made me get rid of Frisbee's fur  ::chinmad::   but I found some more of hers as I still have her bed that I put into the wash after her passing and it had lots of fur matted to it when it came out ::chinhappy:: so I win :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:36:45 PM by GrayRodent »
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde

Donna

• donnaburk@att.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 12:04:20 AM »

Today (August 5th) would have been Billy's Birthday, and I thought about his sweet love that he gave me for the years that he was here. I miss having him so much. I have had many chins since Billy, but there is always that special one. In answer to my last two posts, I saved the fur mentioned in the poem in a glass frame with the pieces of fur noted which they are. Now, when ever I comb one of my chins, I take the fur out of the comb and put it in their jar. I have a little jar for each chin. I do have a flat piece of clay with his front and back foot prints and his name on it. The clay foot prints are a great idea, but break very easy. Happy Birthday, Billy, I love you.

Donna

• donnaburk@att.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2014, 06:51:19 PM »

Happy Birthday Billy, we will never forget you.

Donna

• donnaburk@att.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2015, 04:18:22 AM »

Happy Birthday Billy. I miss your sweet love and all the fun that we had together. You were the one out of my decades of chinchillas that was the special one. You taught me a lot on how to care for your kind and I have after you, so others would have the love and care you did. Every night during chin play time, I remember you running around the room like a wild man, and then going up the steps to your cage and waiting for me to close the door. I have dearly loved all since your passing, but you will always be the number one.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up