birds
- 1 (2.4%)
fish
- 2 (4.9%)
other
- 18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: animals  (Read 19418 times)

Deeliteful

• Appreciation points: 3
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Re: animals
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 10:28:30 AM »

YAY im not the only one addicted to critters lets see here i have.

1 chupers (chinchilla)

1 Smokey (the rarest breed of dog ever being as there is only one and i have it)

11 hermit crabs

5 rats for the moment my hairless female had babies 2 weeks after bringing her home and 3 of the babies survived which im happy about . Hairless females usually cant lactate so 3 survivors is doing good but they all have hair.

we have a tiny apartment and I want fish and birds too . Maybe some mice . I really want and african grey parrot . I was telling the hubby the other day that its so odd how much love rodents can give you . When you think of rodents like rats and such you at first dont think they can be so sweet .

After we rescued the chupers (chinchilla) from the hubbies little sister who is an impluse pet getter and had him here for a while he began to be so affectionate towards us . Now the rats to it too every time we go near the cage there they are at the door wanting loveins. My opinion of rodents has soooo changed in the last year and a half . That whole ewwwww factor is gone , now its awwwwww look at the wrinkled pink hairless rat isnt it cute .  :::grins::

I have been a hermit crabber since 1998 . My kids went to galveston with family back when i lived in texas and came home with 2 of them and I was hooked . I consider all my crabs rescues . They advertise hermit crabs as easy pets . They are not easy . They require things like a certain temp and humidity level . Certain foods , both fresh and salt water and a friendly substrate like sand . I have never been to a pet store that had the hermit crabs in conditions that were even remotely good. I have to stop myself from buying every crab in the store. ::tickedoff::

My dog is a rescue as well . We found him when he was a puppy cowering behind the trash can by the front door of the dollar general one very cold feb. afternoon 2 years ago. I picked him up and just could not put him down to starve, freeze or die in the highway that was just across the parking lot.

I guess if I had more room I would be a foster parent for other animals and my big dream is to someday have the space and resources to run a real rescue . Not just for dogs and cats but for what is considered exotic animals . They seem to suffer as well . People think "how cool I will get a chinchilla or a snake or rat" , without realizing how much time and money such pets really to take. Then they end up abused simply from lack of knowledge or from being unwanted after a while. :'(

I am an animal lover and proud of it.  ;)

nemue

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 11:15:20 PM »

we have two cats, five fish and two chinchillas.  I keep saying we need a bird, but my husband thinks if I could get away with it I would have a zoo.  He's probably right.  ???

Dan

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 06:01:13 AM »

I have two cats, and Donny. I used to have a dog, a few years ago, and also had two hamsters. (NOTHING COMPARED TO CHINS)
Donny Chin!

Liudute

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 08:50:52 AM »

Heh, I think I have the least pets around here  ;D

3 chinchillas; Mummsie, Mumyte, Wilbour
a cat, Radolfas

and I'll buy a pigeon  soon  :)

I would really love to own a lot of animals, but I don't have place for that  :-\

sashasmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 09:30:36 AM »

2 dogs..2 cats...2 turtles...a million fish...4 chins...Quite a zoo!
5 Chinnies- Sasha, Star, Stevie, Stuart, Baby
1 Dog- Sierra
1 Hampster- Lightning
2 Kids- Lauryn, Ashton

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 11:47:27 AM »

i thought i had alot...lol..
i have one dog, 2 cats, 2 ferrets and 4 chins.
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)

Crimson_Ham

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 04:05:02 PM »

I should show my husband this thread... Then maybe he'll be relieved I only have 4 animals lol
I have 3 Chins: Dagda, Sorley and Xochitl and a rabbit: Switchblade (the name made more sense before his sister Symphony died)

rainbowrotties

• Jacqie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 09:43:52 AM »

I have a ragdoll cat named Honey and a tuxedo colored cat named Buster.  :)
A brindle German Shepard/ rottweiler mix named Destiny, a male rottweiler (130+lbs) named Harley, a female rottweiler puppy (8mo. old and 65 lbs) named Riley. :::grins::
Two 4 years old standard sisters named Rolly and Poly, silver white 2 year old male named Mojo (fiance named him..... :-\ ), Reverse Mosaic 2 year old male named Sherman, his Black Velvet mate named Ms. Perdy and their kit (no name because I CAN NOT get attached  to him because my fiance says I have to sell him.....no more pets ::pull hair::!   mommy and daddy chins were rescues and baby arrived a little less then a month after they arrived at our home. ::kiss99::

So that makes my total count of four legged pets at 11  ::beeker:: ! and I have a 75 gallon fish tank with 20+ fish in it ;) I never actually sat down and counted all my animals ::), that does really seem like alot.... doesn't it? OH WELL I LOVE THEM ALL AND WOULD BE TOTALLY LOST WITHOUT THEM!  :blush2:
my best friend calls my home the local petting zoo rofl :2funny:
2 cats: Honey Cat, Buster
3 dogs: Destiny, Harley, Riley
9 Chins: Mojo, Foxy Cleopatra, Sherman,Ms. Perdy, Tarzan, Jane,AND a 75gallon fish tank with 20+ fishies!!!!

sabrina

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 03:32:23 PM »

We have:

* 1 dog-Lab-Dixie

* 1 cat-grey tabby-Kensey

* 1 salt water tank

* 1 fresh water tank

* 2 Chinchillas...and we added 3 more to that number yesterday morning :)
Jack-daddy, Mia-Mommy, Smokey-baby boy & Daisey and Peddles are the baby girls!

Camil

• View Profile
    • hobi-cincila
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 10:25:43 AM »

We have:
1-cat
1- dog
1-african hedgehog
4-mini loop rabbits
1- hamster
18-chinchillas

kelly1277

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 10:59:05 AM »

I have 10 dogs ( 7 are my moms and i am looking after them for six months), I have 4 cats that are mine ( 2 strays i took in just had babies) so now I have 15 cats total the kittens will be rehomed when of age, I have 5 fishtanks, and four chinchillas. So you are not alone..haha
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind"
Dr. Suess

rainbowrotties

• Jacqie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 05:31:19 PM »

LOL....i just added a few more to my "family"..... I now have 2 horses, two sugar gliders (soon to be three cuase the baby is about ready to come out of the pouch) and a few rescued chins as well!
2 cats: Honey Cat, Buster
3 dogs: Destiny, Harley, Riley
9 Chins: Mojo, Foxy Cleopatra, Sherman,Ms. Perdy, Tarzan, Jane,AND a 75gallon fish tank with 20+ fishies!!!!

kelly1277

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 05:43:31 PM »

oh wait and one bunny jack.....
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind"
Dr. Suess

CritterLady

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 07:52:46 PM »

We have 2 degus and 1 chin
I would always like to bring home more critters but my hubby says no  ::nono:: so I must behave  ::)
although I made him promise that if we ever get a house there will definitely be a bulldog in my future.  I really can't complain, tho he is a good guy.  The degus were a planned pet and he has made them the most awesome housing unit but the chin was a birthday surprise from my oldest daughter and since she didn't let on what my surprise was til she walked in the door with her.....  ::Hairraising::good thing her stepdad is so good natured!

chingirls

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 05:02:18 AM »

;)im with you there,i own 5 cats 3 dogs,and 2 chinchillas
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up