Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeding Schedule and Quantity  (Read 8186 times)

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: Feeding Schedule and Quantity
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 03:17:28 AM »

He cases the cat, chews on the fire place brick,runs all over our feet chewing on laces, but never touches a wire. Some are not that way, rather most are not.

Heh, Cheech absolutely can't get enough of shoes. He loves new people watching him play because they bring new shoes for him to nibble on.  :::grins::
And wires aren't a problem, he leaves them alone, it's the wall he loves to chew on. He gets behind the TV (which is all unplugged and switched off) and gnaws on the wall where we just can't reach him.  ::)
And I've found he has an obsession for candle wax. Where the candles drip onto the fire place bricks he'll sit there and chew it if we don't watch him carefully enough. If we accidently leave candle within his reach he'll go straight for it and chew of the wick. Silly little thing.

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 02:34:38 PM »

::silly::
it's the wall he loves to chew on.

We have a 4 foot cage that sets near the wall ... one of us ... accidentally pushed it up against the wall ... the chins acted like it was a chinchilla buffet ...  can you imagine 42 nibbles in the wall spaced 1/2" apart from side to side and 3/4" long, spaced about 1/2" apart 24 inches from the floor all the way to the floor.  They didn't miss a hole in the wire!   ::pull hair::   Then, the little stinkers seem to be laughing at me as I filled each hole with filler.  I even got sprayed a couple of times ... I think they wanted their little masterpiece left alone.   rofl 

Insert Quote
Since our chin Rocki lost her mate her depression has been horrible.
They do seem to miss their mates, especially if they have been with them very long.
Just remember, he was her family.  Now you are no longer her part-time family, but with his death ... you are her full-time family.

::wave::
Jo Ann[/i]
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 12:51:36 PM »

We have a 4 foot cage that sets near the wall ... one of us ... accidentally pushed it up against the wall ... the chins acted like it was a chinchilla buffet ...  can you imagine 42 nibbles in the wall spaced 1/2" apart from side to side and 3/4" long, spaced about 1/2" apart 24 inches from the floor all the way to the floor.  They didn't miss a hole in the wire!      Then, the little stinkers seem to be laughing at me as I filled each hole with filler.  I even got sprayed a couple of times ... I think they wanted their little masterpiece left alone.
:2funny: I got tears in my eyes from laughing. :2funny:
Debbie.nl.ca

Stacy

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
    • My chinchillas
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 01:12:11 PM »

That is funny, but its not when its your wall. My husband put one of ours to close and Buddy chewed spots all over the wall.

Summer

• 4everchins
  • Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 06:32:51 PM »

Us too! ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up