Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Won the chinchilla lottery  (Read 1723 times)

Hintontm

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Won the chinchilla lottery
« on: February 19, 2020, 02:51:46 PM »

So I have done the entire chinchilla purchasing against almost ALL the advice here. Fluffy (my 5 years old gets all pet naming rights) was an impulse purchase, with very little knowledge. Didn’t get a big enough cage, so had to move her again after only 3 weeks. But even through it all Fluffy was a champ! While she really doesn’t like to be pet, she does like her chin scratched. She LOVES oats, and will climb all over me to get to them. She loves to perch up on my shoulders. She is the best pet you could ask for. I am a fully disabled vet with PTSD, and she helps me be calm and laugh every day. While I might have done it all wrong to begin with, I’m supper happy to have a chinchilla.

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Won the chinchilla lottery
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 03:24:53 PM »

I'm so glad you ended up with a pet that you like. Sounds like you have a pretty well socialized animal too. One of my chinchillas likes to be rubbed on the back and head while the other prefers chin scratches. You should get her used to both and she'll eventually want both.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up