Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zoe has been acting odd  (Read 1483 times)

dave67

• Appreciation points: 1
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Zoe has been acting odd
« on: August 22, 2019, 06:52:19 PM »

Zoe is my Chin she is very friendly and I got her three years ago. For some reason Zoe has been staying in her cage not wanting to come out and run around the dinning room which is setup for a chin. She eats well and has energy but stays at the top of the condo on the shelf and watches us. We cleaned her cage tonight and she normally she runs around. Tonight after the cleaning she is back on the shelf  I would like some insight as to why she is doing this behavior. she does not seem to be sick.

Thanks
Dave
Hi I am new to the forum and I have a Chinchilla her name is Zoey.. She is three years old maybe more.

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Zoe has been acting odd
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 08:21:30 AM »

Have there been any changes in her environment? Could something have stressed her out the last time she was out? New smells, pets, smells from someone else's pet? What about devices that could introduce new sounds? Chinchillas react especially to low frequency sounds.
As long as she is maintaining her weight I wouldn't be too concerned.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

dave67

• Appreciation points: 1
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Zoe has been acting odd
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 06:24:18 PM »

She eats normally. After I posted my question she flew out of her cage the other day for 10 or less minutes ran arond the room like saying no vet please. There are no other pets but a finch in a cage. I take her to the vet once a year unless she shows signs of being sick. Thanks for the reply.
Hi I am new to the forum and I have a Chinchilla her name is Zoey.. She is three years old maybe more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up